Keeping up with what’s going on in the skilling and TVET sector is critical from the viewpoints of industry, academia, government, and other stakeholders. The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on what’s going on in the skilling ecosystem. The information snippets may be valuable in creating leads for expanding your business in this industry, and they will keep you informed.
You could watch the highlights in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
This week’s top 5 updates from the skilling ecosystem
Here is a glimpse before you read more…
- IndiaSkills 2021 National Competition: Odisha emerges as winner with 51 medals
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has launched NEAT 3.0
- CBSE has partnered with Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council (B&WSSC)
- The ‘Skill Hub Initiative’ programme was launched in the 40 schools in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Biju Patnaik Industrial Training Institute was inaugurated in the Puri district, Odisha.
Skill development news from the government
- A total of 270 winners were awarded 61 Gold, 77 Silver, 53 Bronze and 79 Medals of Excellence on the final day of the recently held IndiaSkills 2021 National Competition. Odisha topped the chart with 51 winners, followed by Maharashtra with 30 and Kerela with 25 winners. Read more…
- Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has launched NEAT 3.0. It is an initiative to provide the use of technological solutions in the education sector to enhance the employability of the youth. More than 12 lakh socially and economically disadvantaged students have received free ed-tech course coupons worth over Rs 253 crore under NEAT 3.0.
Skill development news from the industry
- Under NSQF, Vocational training will be provided to over 2,56,000 high school students in various domains like Security, IT-ITes, Media and Entertainment, Tourism and Hospitality, Beauty and Wellness, Apparel, Sports and Physical Education, Plumbing, Self Defence Training by the Ampersand Group as a Knowledge Partner and Program Management Unit in FY 2021-22.
- Schneider Electric India aims to create three lakh skilled energy professionals and 3,000 energy entrepreneurs by 2025 for which it has brought an ecosystem of vocational training bodies, NGOs, and Government technical institutes.
- With a focus to provide students from North East, an opportunity to learn and prepare them to be industry-ready, IICT has collaborated with Cipla Foundation to conduct an orientation and training programme for M.Sc (Chemistry) students starting from 2021-22 for three years.
- The Forty-Five Day long skill up-gradation training programme was held on November 30, 2021 at Latti that was organized by Handloom Development Department Udhampur in collaboration with Weavers’ Service Centre Srinagar, Ministry of Textile GOI. Around 20 weavers were benefitted from this skill up-gradation programme.
Skill development news from the academia
- CBSE has partnered with Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council (B&WSSC) with an aim to make students industry-ready by gathering information and changing the curriculum according to the latest trends in the beauty and wellness sector.
- UGC has advised the central universities to teach courses based on student “demand” and “numbers” through which courses in humanities and the social sciences will eventually be closed down at public universities and only professional courses will be taught against high fees.
- District Development Commissioner Doda and Chairman of the District Skill Committee, Vikas Sharma has chaired the meeting of the committee members to discuss the Skill Development Plan to which MGNF presented an action plan for skill up-gradation of youth.
- In a focus to empower students with essential and employability skills, CBSE has taken an initiative to help students cover up pandemic included learning gaps.
- IIT-Madras and IIM-Ahmedabad incubated start-up, GUVI, are partnering with AICTE to offer Python and AI upskilling courses for free which will be available to more than one million socially and economically disadvantaged young people in India.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Jammu and Kashmir – The ‘Skill Hub Initiative’ programme was launched in the 40 schools in Jammu and Kashmir under the Samagra Shiksha project. This programme is aiming at preparing students for placements and self-entrepreneurship.
- Karnataka – Aiming towards the growth of industries and entrepreneurship, the Karnataka government is creating an industrial ecosystem in the Belagavi region.
- Odisha– Biju Patnaik Industrial Training Institute was inaugurated in the Puri district. The ITI has been built at a cost of Rs 18 crore and has facilities for training students in Electrician, Fitter, Electronics Mechanic and Dress Making trades.
- Uttar Pradesh – Minister of State for Vocational Education, Kapil Dev Agarwal said that the Uttar Pradesh government will be recruiting 2,500 instructors in the ITIs with the payment of Rs. 35,000 per month.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-04012022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.