Our weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
COVID help for delivering skill development and training
You could write to us about the crisis you are going through and what is help you are looking for in delivering the training programs. We will take your issue to the concerned people who could be of help. Please visit the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/covid-help-for-delivering-skill-development-and-training/
Latest government and non-government projects in the skilling industry
- Online Proposal Invited for Empanelment of Training Partners (TPs) For Skill Development Schemes Implemented by CED (A Government of Gujarat Organization)- Last date- 15th May 2021
- Request for Proposal for providing Skill Training under PMKVY 3.0 Special Projects in Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) component- Last date- 17th May 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- Ambuja Cement Foundation (ACF), the CSR arm of Ambuja Cements has empowered 2.7 million beneficiaries in the year 2020.
- NSDC has released a notice to reiterate that all the training centres should ensure COVID appropriate norms are followed in their respective centres. Read more…
- As the risk of Cyberattacks is increasing, there is a surge in the demand for skilled Cybersecurity professionals.
- Times Professional Learning (TPL) has partnered with DAY-NULM under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of Madhya Pradesh, to impart skill training to youth.
- There has been an increase in demand for IT skills among captives in India, according to data from Quess, a business solutions provider.
- The UK and India have signed a migration agreement that will support people to live and work in both countries.
- Through various initiatives, IBM has been contributing towards bridging the skill gap by providing skilled manpower to the industry.
- Kerala- Toonz Media Group has expanded its Education Services Division by launching Ri8brain, an e-learning platform that is Dedicated to Creative Arts.
- Over 5,500 healthcare workers were trained by RSLDC who are aiding medical services in the times of COVID-19.
- There is an urgent need for businesses to have collaborative upskilling and training programmes to bridge the skill gap.
- The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) has signed an MoU with the Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association of India (TEMA) to promote the AtmaNirbhar Bharat scheme.
- IIT Roorkee has collaborated with Great Learning to offer high-quality tech programs for freshers and young professionals.
- The government of India is going to create a dedicated talent pool for the sectors covered under the production linked incentive(PIL) scheme.
- Kwalee, a UK-based game developer and publisher, is going to invest $30 million in its India operations over the next five years.
- MSME Development Institute, Jaipur in association with CSIR organized a virtual awareness session on Oxygen related technologies.
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU) will receive a Rs 1.50 crore fund under CSR for the establishment of the Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Centre on the university’s premises.
- PHDCCI has organized an International Webinar on Making India an EV Nation: Learning Globally.
- Daimler India Commercial Vehicles is going to establish the first-of-its-kind ‘Daimler India School of Quality’, designed to equip employees with a robust quality mindset.
- As per reports, telecom companies in collaboration with their infrastructure partners have installed as many as 69,448 new mobile towers which evidence the growth in demand of telecom and consumption of communications services.
- As the demand for services increases in the Telecom industry, the industry should focus on migrating job roles to newer technologies.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-04052021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.