NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Event updateDr. Darlie Koshy, Educator, Design management Strategist, Author and Speaker, delivered a public lecture at the Somiaya Vidyavihar University , Mumbai on 4th April 2022 on the topic TOWARDS A SKILLEDINDIA@75 & BEYOND. Click here to download and read the full text of the speech.
Skill development news from the government
- The government’s Skill India Mission has implemented over 40 skill development schemes like NAPS, JSS, ITIs and many more and has trained over 5.56 crore people so far.
Did you find NSN weekly round-up-12042022 on skills, education and training insightful? Let us know your suggestions to further improve our NSN weekly round-up.
NSN weekly round-up- 12042022: Skill development news from the industry
- For the growth and development of skilled paints workers along with research and advocacy in the paints and coatings sector, the National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) has signed an MoU with the Paints and Coatings Skill Council (PCSC).
- Amazon India has announced the Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022 which will provide opportunities to startups all over the country to participate and win 65 lakh and other rewards.
- To provide industry-relevant world-class education in healthcare, Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia inaugurated the Centre for Healthcare, Allied Medical and Paramedical Sciences at DSEU.
- SAP and Amul announced a joint community outreach, focused on knowledge transfer and technology capacity building that will transform the lives of 1.5 million Indians.
- To enable candidates to develop relevant skills on futuristic vehicles and become self-reliant, Force Motors has partnered with the Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) to recruit and enhance the skill set of the workforce at its dealerships.
- Targeting the latest finance technology, processes, best practices, and skills to help them succeed in changing business environments and accelerate their careers, Oracle, AICPA and CIMA collaborated together and came up with the new “Agile Finance Transformation Certification Series”.
- The fourth edition of the Castrol Super Mechanic Contest was conducted using both physical and digital media to ensure maximum participation from mechanics across India. The top 50 participants competed in an on-ground finale spread over three days from 5th to 7th April 2022.
NSN weekly round-up- 12042022: Skill development news from the academia
- Salesforce has collaborated with AICTE with an aim to upskill up to 2,00,000 students in the next five years.
- UpGrade Foundation pledges Rs 500M for scholarships, training, skill development, and mentorship. This leap is aimed to make quality education affordable and accessible.
- Four out of five Skillshare users in India preferred learning skill-based creative classes online over non-creative ones. Skillshare released this data on online learning trends in India that points toward the people wanting to pursue their creative interests.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Delhi – Six months of skill development training is being imparted to 520 unemployed youth from Korba, Raigarh, Ambikapur, and Surajpur by South Eastern Coalfields Ltd. (SECL). SECL has commissioned CIPET at Korba and Raipur to train the youth.
- Gujarat – To create industry-led skill centres promoting skilled manpower in the electronics sector with a special focus on drone technology and other emergent technologies, ESSCI has signed an MoU with Kaushalya – The Skill University, under the Government of Gujarat.
- Gujarat – Muni Seva Ashram in Vadodara trains boys from rural areas in vocational skills like CNC operators, welding, fitter-fabrication and field engineers that can repair the equipment through its vocation training centre.
- Jammu and Kashmir – It has been announced that all the government colleges in Jammu and Kashmir would start skill development courses to prepare youth for better employment in the future.
- Jharkhand – Tata Steel Foundation (TSF) has signed an MoU with the Government of Jharkhand to set up ITI at Chandil to shape young talents from the state and make them industry-ready.
- Karnataka – BRV University has launched its first apprenticeship based four-year UG programme in Decision Sciences. Through this course, students will be exposed to understanding law, ethics, technology, behavioural science and more.
- Karnataka – With a target to enhance the students’ skills and provide them with global exposure, ISDC has signed an MoU with Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru. This partnership also aims to bridge the skill gap globally with a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Kerala – To train students and the general community with skills that improve their employability, ASAP will start a new course for training in AR/VR at the Community Skill Park at Kalamassery.
- Maharashtra – As the healthcare industry is rapidly growing and is witnessing demand for skills and talent, HWARF has empowered 200 students with skill development training in healthcare courses in Maharashtra.
- Uttar Pradesh – ‘Apprenticeship Fairs’ will be organised in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh on April 21 with an aim to connect more youths with various training programmes. The fair will be organised in each district’s nodal government ITI.
- Uttar Pradesh – To encourage and enable business development skills in youth, the UP government is planning to start an online course in entrepreneurship. The course will be in areas like agricultural production, food processing, organic farming and mechanical work.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-05042022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply