This week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training has updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- HESCOM Karnataka is inviting applications for Apprenticeship Training for the FY-2021-22 from B.E Graduate and Diploma Holders. Last date – 20th October 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2020 – 21. Last date – 3rd November 2021.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) released Notification for Engagement of Technical and Non-Technical Apprentices at the Pipelines Division. Last date- 25th October 2021
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Kaiga Site invites online applications from the candidates passed out from ITI Courses for engagement as Trade Apprentices. Last date – 15th October 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
- With an aim to enhance skills and provide training and education to plumbers for in-app engagement, Lubrizol Advanced Materials and FlowGuard Plus CPVC Plumbing systems is launching a new mobile app, FlowGuard Plus.
- Skill India, in association with DGT and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), organized a day-long ‘Apprenticeship Mela’ across the country in over 660 locations where over 51,000 Apprentices were hired in companies from 30 different sectors. Read more…
- With an aim to provide advanced welding equipment like Robot Welding, Laser Welding, etc., the director of Technical Education (DTE&T), Odisha under Skill Development and Technical education Department signs an agreement with KEMPPI India Private Limited to setup Centre of Excellence in Advanced Welding at TTI Takatpur.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and WiselyWise are being collaborated to provide training in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for free and affordable in regional languages like Hindi, Marathi and more.
- With an aim to up-skill delivery personnel and provide employment opportunities in South India, Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) has signed an MoU with Amaravati EV Consulting and Trading Private Limited (AEV).
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal stressed the importance of skill development in industries and automobile parks.
- With an aim to provide skill training to the 2,250 artisans, Samarth training centres have inaugurated 75 training centres in different crafts throughout the country by providing wages of Rs. 300 per day per trainee.
- To upskill youth from rural and semi-urban areas in digital skills and empower them in tech driven economy, Microsoft India partnered with the Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoLE) to launch DigiSaksham initiative.
- To enhance sheep rearing in youth and create employment in them, the Jammu and Kashmir’s Tribal Affairs department is providing 800 mini sheep farms for which 1500 youth were selected.
- 525 Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) which are under Kaushalya, the skill university in Gujarat to award degrees and diplomas with an aim of entrepreneurship development.
- 150 Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) in Karnataka will stream from next month with the latest technological equipment to which Tata Group is funding. 25 it is have already completed installation and the rest will be ready by next month.
- With an aim to enhance Artiticial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics etc., and to reach wider audiemce, a 50-week-long online programme on foundations of Modern machine learning was launched at IHub-Data in IIIT Hyderabad.
- With an aim to create awareness and skilled in the Horticulture Nursery Management, Haflong MLA Nandita Gorlosa inaugurated a three-day vocational training program under Horticulture discipline on the technical topic, “Horticulture Nursery Management” which was organized by Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
- To develop bamboo handicrafts in Boul village, the Kutlehar Assembly segment would be developed as a ‘bamboo village’ at a cost of Rs 1.17 crore. Vocational training is being provided to the women in this project.
- With an aim to position India on the Global textiles map, the government is planning to set up seven mega textile MITRA parks as part of building Aatmanirbhar Bharat for Rs. 4,445 crore in five years.
- Bari Brahmana Industries Association Industrial Cluster has started its registration process to develop the industrial value enhancement “Strive Project” of Ministry of Skill Development, an initiative to provide skill training to local unemployed youth.
- Lucknow state government has approved on providing smartphones and tablets among graduate, postgraduate, diploma, skill development, paramedical and skilled workers who are enrolled in the Sewa Mitra portal.
- With an aim to skill people and provide employment in cloud computing, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched its AWS re/start programme in India for free of cost.
- Delhi is all set to open seven sites at educational institutions for driving test tracks which will reduce the load on the existing test tracks and make it easier for the youth to take tests.
- As Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics are emerging technologies in India, the Andhra Pradesh Skill Development Corporation has signed an MoU with the Applied Robotics Control Centre (ARCC), a premier institute in Germany to give high-end skilling to 2,400 engineering students.
- In order to focus on certification courses, Business Literacy and Behavioral Skills and provide skill training for citizens, the Indian School of Business (ISB) has signed an MoU with the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) and Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Academy (APITA).
- India and Denmark have partnered together and signed four MoUs with the aim of enabling India-Denmark bilateral relations.
- After the COVID-19 pandemic, Delhi Public School, Nacharam has witnessed its first offline event on “Vocational Skills and Industry Exposure” for the school students to enlighten them about skilling.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-05102021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.