Apprenticeship updates, project information and other updates from the skilling industry, our weekly round-up on skills, education and training has it all. It will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Upcoming events and webinar
You are invited to a week long virtual event “Kaushal Charcha” on the occasion of World Youth Skill Day – 2021 organized by AISECT in association with CII and NSN.
When: 15 – 23 July 2021 | 4 PM – 5 PM India
Themes: Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, NEP 2020, Apprenticeship, Future Skills, Women Empowerment, Skill Heroes & Kaushal Championship
Speakers: Government Officials, Academicians & Industry experts
Please click the link below to register in the webinar in advance: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_URSI9LB_TPi05za9ML0SOQ
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Indian Space Research Organization Headquarters (ISRO HQ), Bangalore invites applications for Apprenticeship in the following Trades with B.E. / B.Tech, Diploma in Engineering and Diploma in Commercial Practices- Last date- 22nd July 2021
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Kochi Refinery, Ambalamugal, Kochi invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 25th July 2021
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), Trivandrum invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 26th July 2021
- State Bank of India (SBI) invites online applications for 6100 Apprentices from Indian Citizens for engagement as apprentices. Last date- 26th July 2021
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Bangalore Complex invites application from eligible and interested candidates for Apprenticeship Training. Last date- 28th July 2021
- Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt. (DRDO), Avadi, Chennai, invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 28th July 2021
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, Aonla Unit is inviting applications for the Apprenticeship Training Program for the year 2021-2022 from Diploma pass-out candidates. Last date- 31st July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- The government has decided to review the National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship with an aim to revamp its framework for skilling in India.
- Dharmendra Pradhan has been appointed as India’s new Minister of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Read more…
- Mr Arshad Mir has been elected as the new Chairman of the Handicrafts and Carpet Sector Skill Council (HCSSC). Mr Arshad Mir is a leading Carpet Exporter from Jammu and Kashmir for over 20 years. He s representing M/S Mir Handicrafts Pvt. Ltd. and is actively involved in skill training programs for the Carpet and Handicrafts sector for Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) is going to set up the district’s first skill development centre for the local youth, especially for farmers’ children with an aim to provide employment opportunities.
- Schwing Stetter India has launched its first operator skill training programme at its manufacturing hub in Cheyyar, Tamil Nadu. The company had committed to skill and train 10,000 workers to make them employable.
- Tech Mahindra Foundation and Wipro GE Healthcare have partnered to offer skilling and upskilling courses to students and healthcare technicians. This partnership will upskill existing paramedics and students pursuing Radiology Technician, Operation Theatre Technician, Critical Care Technician and Emergency Care Technician Courses.
- The five country BRICS grouping has agreed to enhance education cooperation, facilitate students’ mobility and learn from each other to better adoption of technology in higher education.
- As per a prediction by Rajasthan Chief Minister, the demand for plumbers, electricians and fitters will increase in rural areas.
- The Manipur Cabinet approved the chief minister’s Covid-19 Affected Livelihood Support Scheme which aims to provide direct transfer of ₹5,000 to every identified family whose livelihood has been directly affected by Covid-19.
- ITI Delhi will begin the admission process for various courses from July 15. Interested students can apply for admission on the official website – itidelhiadmissions.nic.in.
- Aerospace company Pratt and Whitney has positioned Hyderabad as a hub of advanced aviation skill development in South Asia and the Middle East.
- Students enrolled in Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) non-affiliated training courses of GCVT, including repeaters, will be mass promoted.
- CIPET is going to train the workforce for the petrochemical and plastic industries.
- Maharastra CM has launched the Maha Arogya Skills Development Program, under which 20,000 youths will be provided training from 36 different healthcare courses.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-06072021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.