Do you wish to stay informed regarding various government projects? Are you looking for a job or an apprenticeship? Are you missing out on various happenings in the skilling ecosystem? NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training is a one-stop solution for all your skill development and vocational education related queries. The snippets of information could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector.
Latest government and non-government projects in the skilling industry
- Request for Proposal for Phase 1 Short Term Training (Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed Component) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0. The last date to submit the project proposal is 26th April 2021.
- Request for Proposal for providing Skill Training under PMKVY 3.0 Special Projects in Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) component. The last date to submit the project proposal is 1st May 2021.
To know more about the recent projects please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has virtually inaugurated ‘Skill India Kaushal Mela’ at Haridwar on the sidelines of Kumbh 2021 with an aim to increase awareness regarding various initiatives under Skill India in Uttarakhand. Read more…
- Female graduates of the skills mission programme will be tracked to find out if the training is contributing to an increase in female participation at work and if it is helping their career progression.
- DGT-MSDE has announced the results of the All India Trade Test (AITT) for Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) academic session 2019-2020. Read more…
- The Union government has approved a proposal to set aside 1.5% of the money it gives for skills training and put it into sanitation of training infrastructure and safety protocol amid rising coronavirus cases.
- MSDE has conducted a first-of-its-kind regional workshop for PMKVY 3.0 in Gangtok, Sikkim with an aim to empower the youth of the North Easter Region with industry-relevant skills. Read more…
- FUEL has partnered with Coal India Limited under which Coal India Limited has provided career counselling and academic coaching along with Artificial Intelligence and Digital Marketing training to over 200 youth.
- India’s Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) landscape is expected to boom and AASSC has already trained more than 16,000 people and placed 75% of them.
- The New Government Polytechnic technical institute in Patna has partnered with the Wabtec Corporation to set up a Centre of Excellence to establish welding technology in the state.
- Amazon India has digitized 2.5 million MSMEs, enabled cumulative exports worth $3 billion and helped create nearly 1 million jobs in India till date.
- The Ministry of Electronics and IT (Meity) has invited expressions of interest by companies who wish to set up a display fabrication unit in India.
Skill development news from the states
Government and non-government jobs and apprenticeships in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Haryana- Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC) has completed a tyre fitters skill training program in Haryana.
- Jammu and Kashmir- A batch of 122 aspiring entrepreneurs passed out from Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) after attending a three-week Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP).
- Jammu and Kashmir- The Jammu and Kashmir Government is working on a robust and efficient digital network infrastructure in the hinterland to provide transparent financial services to the people.
- Karnataka- Mangalore Institutes of Technology and Engineering (MITE) has collaborated with Toyota Industries Engine India Private Limited (TIEI) with an aim to provide skill development in the area of Engine manufacturing and finding value creating opportunities for students, teaching faculty and industry personnel.
- Ladakh- Ladakh Administration has collaborated with Leh Hill Council and Solar Energy Corporation of India to set up a 50-Megawatt solar power project at Taru in Leh district.
- Tamil Nadu- A traditional mat weaver from Chennai uses a new design, vibrant colours and digital marketing to keep the traditional mats alive during the pandemic.
- Uttar Pradesh- The government of UP will train as many as 50,000 youths under the various schemes run by the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises under the Chief Minister Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-06042021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.