It is always crucial to stay updated on the industry, academia, government and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will ensure that you are aware of all the happenings around the skilling ecosystem. The snippets of information could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
You can watch the highlights of this week’s weekly round-up in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date – 10th October 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, North Central Railway, invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants across the Nation. Last date – 1st October 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Highlights of the week- 14092021
- Mr. Rummy Chhabra has been appointed as the new Chairman of The Rubber Chemical and Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC). Mr. Chhabra said that the training programmes would be focused more on live-project and on-the-job training methodology.
- NTTF has partnered with Edsanta Education to offer an AI powered E-learning platform for its students. The digital platform powered by ‘ELITE’ by Edsanta will incorporate NTTF’s curriculum and empower students to identify their career paths, skill gaps and overcome them with highly relevant learning content.
- An extensive study of candidate assessments and surveys was undertaken by Aspiring Minds for the government of Haryana the objective of which was to understand the impact of the apprenticeship training program to help improve the employability of ITI candidates in the state. Read more…
- The Centre is going to provide support of INR 30 crore to the Board of Practical Training, Eastern Region for imparting job skill training to unemployed graduate and diploma engineers.
- Qentelli is going to recruit more than 500 professionals in the country by the end of 2021 to meet the demands of its new business wins. The addition will be mainly for full-stack developers, product managers, automation engineers and other roles.
- As per a survey, around 45 per cent of employers in India are keen on hiring apprentices to reduce the skill gap and offset the workforce scarcity due to the pandemic.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh is going to install solar power plants in 66 ITI buildings in the state.
- The foundation for a permanent camp of C-PYTE was laid to provide training to the youth of Punjab for selection in military and paramilitary forces.
- According to Sandeep Singh Rana, the chief operating officer of the Hydrocarbon Sector Skill Council (HSSC), the expansion of India’s city gas distribution (CGD) infrastructure could generate about 450,000 jobs.
- Union minister of education and skill development and entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan met Australian High Commissioner to India, Barry O’Farrell discussed opportunities to work together and strengthening the Australia-India Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh will distribute 5,42,365 basic version laptops to students of classes 9 to 12 under the Amma Vodi scheme.
- SOP has been issued by the Delhi government for reopening of Industrial Training Institutes (ITI). Regular COVID-19 screening test, non-biometric attendance, vaccination, avoiding on celebrations and festivals are among the SOPs that is issued by the government.
- ITI instructors will be felicitated by Rotary Anand MilkCity Club (RAM) of Rotary district 3060. Amrit Vallabh, director of ABC Process Solutions Private Limited (ABCL) said that it is important to motivate the ITI instructors as there are no such schemes for them unlike those for school teachers.
- With an aim to empower government teachers and students with digital skills, Yash Technologies and Muskaan Dreams have started an initiative called ‘Digital Shiksha’ that enables opportunities for digital learning in schools.
- With an aim to create sustainable livelihood opportunities in Agriculture, Vedanta’s Iron Ore Karnataka (IOK) have launched ‘Green Festival’ in association with a CSR initiative that is, Alternative Livelihood Opportunities Project (ALOP).
- As the ITIs and polytechnic colleges across West Bengal reopened, students from these institutes will now attend their practical classes physically.
- The Gujarat government has signed an MoU with e-commerce giant Amazon for the capacity building of MSME clusters through training, webinars and onboarding workshops.
- To help painters with career information, soft skilling programmes and further opportunities to showcase their work, Apna.co, a professional networking and jobs platform has signed am MoU with AkzoNobel India Limited.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) is going to setup a 3D experience centre to boost employability prospects of the students and to impart job-oriented skills.
- With an aim to determine technical skills, personality traits, strengths and workplace values quickly, KPMG in India is leveraging dotin Inc. ‘s AI engine. It helps to oversee end-to-end talent lifecycle management.
- A BBA program will be launched for candidates after class XII to enhance the potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Analytics (AI/DA) within and beyond strategic thinking.
- Honeywell Hometown Solutions India Foundation (HHSIF)will invest Rs 10 crore to create centres of excellence for skill development across 50 colleges in the country in partnership with ICT Academy.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-07092021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.