The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on the latest developments in the skilling and TVET area from industry, government, academia, and other stakeholders. The skill development news snippets will keep you informed and may help you gain some leads for building your business in this field.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- Directorate General of Training (DGT) under MSDE has signed an MoU with National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) under Ministry of Education (MoE) to put in place a system for academic equivalence to vocational/ITI qualification for opening pathways for candidates of ITI system as well as apprentices who want to attain higher academic qualification in addition to their skills.
Skill development news from the industry and CSR
- Meta has launched its first standalone Asia office in Gurugram, Haryana with an aim to unleash the skills of entrepreneurs and small business owners. The office was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Electronics and Information Technology of India, Minister of State Rajeev Chandrasekhar. Read more…
- Hero Vired has partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to offer internships, industry projects and financial support to professionals and higher education aspirants.
- Ericsson is going to empower 1 million children and young people by 2025 through access to digital learning, tools, content and development programs.
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has partnered with Duranc Tech Services to jointly set up skill centres at the Duranc Centre in Hyderabad and NIT Patna to impart training in remote surveillance and allied technologies.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with SAP Labs India, launched Project Code Unnati across three districts in Karnataka, to promote digital skilling and entrepreneurship development for the youth and women.
- LSSSDC has launched Professional Development Programs in collaboration with GIZ to ease industry challenges with technology and e-skilling to upgrade the skill set of pharma professionals.
- SISFS is planning to support eligible startups through funding of Rs. 945 crores which will be spent in the next four years. This scheme will be availed only through eligible incubators across India.
- According to the Future of Jobs 2020 report done by the World Economic Forum, amongst all the technical job roles, Machine Learning and AI are the emerging job roles that are making graduates explore the domain more.
- Focusing on empowering India’s workforce and addressing the skills gap in cybersecurity, Microsoft has launched a skilling programme to skill over one lakh people by 2022. This will be provided through hands-on experience to learners in the fundamentals of identity.
- To empower and skill persons with disabilities (PwDs), Cognizant Foundation, the CSR arm of IT service major Cognizant announced the launch of its flagship program – Tech4All to provide jobs in technology and its enabled services.
- ITC Hotels has collaborated with CII to provide an 18 month job oriented international hospitality training. Under the partnership, the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Professional Diploma programme by the Ecole hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL) Education Group of Switzerland will be delivered at four ITC Hotels across the country.
Skill development news from the academia
- The EdTech platform, upGrad is going to join hands with Talentedge for a higher education space in India. The deal is being consolidated for Rs. 300 – Rs. 400 crores.
- With an aim to enhance the employability of the students, SPPU and Pimpri Chinchwad Smart City Ltd has set up a training and innovation centre. Skill courses like AutoCad, Linux, cloud computing and many more are in the curriculum that will make students industry-ready.
Skill development news from the states
- Karnataka – KSDC has partnered with International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC) to upskill the nurses in the state by providing them training on International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Object Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- Karnataka – Monster.com signed an MoU with the Karnataka Skill Development Corporation (KSDC) to help skilled job seekers tap into over 6,00,000 formal jobs and find employment opportunities available across the country.
- Maharashtra – The Maharashtra state cabinet has approved setting up Maharashtra state skill, Vocational Education and Training Board by merging the Maharashtra State Skill Development Board and Maharashtra State Vocational Training Council.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-07122021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.