From the perspectives of industry, academia, government, and other stakeholders, keeping up with what’s going on in the skilling and TVET sector is vital. The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you informed about what’s happening in the skilling ecosystem. The snippets of information may be useful in generating leads for expanding your business in this field, and they will keep you updated.
Enormous scope for skill development as Logistics industry transforms through MMLPs
Changes are in the air for India’s logistics industry which is gradually becoming more organized and technology-driven through Multi-Modal Logistic Parks (MMLP). As the scheme aims to boost the logistics export in the country, it should positively impact the employment generation and skill development in the logistics sector. How will the establishment of 35 MMLPs boost skill development and employment generation in the logistics industry?
Here’s how we analysed the news to give you a better picture of the initiative’s outcomes – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/enormous-scope-for-skill-development-as-logistics-industry-transforms-through-mmlps/
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) of North Central Railways has invited applications for apprentices for 1664 posts across various trades, workshops, and divisions of the NCR. The posts will be filled in Agra, Jhansi, and Prayagraj for the year 2021-22. Last date- 1st December 2021.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has invited applications to offer graduate and diploma apprenticeships. A total of 63 apprenticeship positions are on offer. Last date – 30th November 2021.
- Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, Indian Navy inviting applications from ITI Qualified Indian National Candidates for Apprenticeship Training in the various designated trades for a period of One Year. Last date – 5th December 2021.
- The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), has started the registration process for recruitment of apprentices at its locations in Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and Jharkhand. Applicants can apply for the 527 technical and non-technical vacancies at the official website. Last date – 4th December 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 15112021
- AISECT has partnered with Microsoft and NSDC to link women beneficiaries with wage employment and self-employment opportunities by providing them quality skill development training.
- To meet the industry demand by 2025, the telecom skills body said that India would require 22 million skilled manpower as the country comes closer to the fifth-generation technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotics, and cloud computing.
- With an aim to bridge the gap between skilling and lacking workforce, the manufacturing sector employs close to 27 million people. The sector is looking for apprenticeship programmes as they are the best methods to bridge this gap.
- With an aim to create opportunities to handloom weavers and to enhance their skills in the craft, a 45-day long training program for skill up-gradation of handloom weavers is underway at Sintha Handloom and Handicrafts Complex, Imphal, Manipur.
- With an aim to support farmers and to build capacity in Jammu and Kashmir, PHDCCI Jammu and Kashmir signed an MoU with Innoterra, a Swiss-Indian food and tech platform company.
- HDFC has opened admissions for its fifth edition of SmartUp grants which awards funds to social startups and incubators under Parivarthan, a HDFC’s CSR. The deadline to apply is the third week of November 2021.
- Lucknow Management Association (LMA) signed an MoU with a consulting firm Big Alfa LLP which aims towards boosting the industrial activities in Uttar Pradesh.
- With an aim to support MSMEs and to internationalize their processes and products, MIDC Industries Association (MIA) Hingna has signed an MoU with the Training and Development Centers of the Bavarian Employers’ Associations (Bfz), Germany.
- With an aim to support cargo drones that delivers urgent/medical and emergency supplies to remote areas of the Northeast, IIT Guwahati has launched India’s first Centre for Excellence in Research on Drone/UAV Technology and Artificial Intelligence and other emergency supplies.
- With an aim to conserve and for sustainable utilization of the local bio-resources using biotechnological tools, a new Biotechnology Centre has been inaugurated in a remote area of Arunachal Pradesh.
- To bridge the literacy gap in data skills, Tableau has announced that it will train ten million people over the next five years. Tableau will introduce new education opportunities and training.
- The Karnataka Minister for Higher Education, Dr. C N Ashwath Narayan said that the implementation of the NEP-2020 will help increase the employability of candidates which is currently at around 20 percent only.
- CICU has organised an event to give a fresh start to training courses which are under PMKVY 3.0 at its skill development centre, Ludhiana on 11th November 2021. The skill development training will be both short-term and flexible hour courses.
- Karnataka’s first NEP conclave was organised in Bengaluru with the theme of ‘Strategising the Future of Higher Education.’ It was organised by the Karnataka government’s Higher Education Council, in collaboration with the International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC).
- Naval Dockyard Apprentices School in Visakhapatnam, Ministry of Defence (Navy) has started inviting applications from ITI qualified Indian National candidates for Apprenticeship Training in 13 designated trades such as Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Fitter, Instrument Mechanic, Machinist and many more.
- A meeting to discuss regarding skill development was chaired by the Deputy Commissioner, Srinagar. The discussion went in regards to providing employment opportunities to the unemployed youth in the state.
- Focusing on co-operation in the transfer of existing technologies and innovation partnership, Training and skill development, and other areas, IIT Guwahati is going to collaborate with Oil India Limited (OIL).
- To determine the current proficiency in key business, data skills and technology, Coursera has announced the launch of LevelSets which is a new assessment tool. It will enable users to develop job-relevant skills.
- The Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) is training 1,000 graduates from Gautam Budh Nagar at Dixon Technologies in Noida’s Phase 2 under the Skill India mission. The training will impart graduates under schemes for ESDM of the MeitY.
- With an aim to promote entrepreneurship and innovation in the Union Territory, JKEDI today signed an MoU with the University of Jammu which will provide an impetus to the Union Territory’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State, Ministry of Electronics and IT and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has visited Kerala on a three-day trip with an aim to boost skilling and technology entrepreneurship in the state.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-09112021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply