Here we go with this week’s NSN weekly round-up, which include a wide range of events and updates from the industry, government, academia, and other players in the skilling and TVET area. The current news and events may be able to assist you in generating leads for expanding your firm in this field.
You can watch the highlights in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- Unnati, a flagship Yuva initiative that comes under PMKVY of the Skill Development Ministry aims to empower school dropouts along with helping youth who come from poor economic backgrounds.
Skill development news from the industry
- With an aim to empower millions of professionals in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors, apna.co, India’s largest professional networking and jobs platform has signed an MoU with THSC by providing access to hyperlocal opportunities, training sessions and upskilling courses.
- With a rapid increase in tech-enabled sectors, technology-based courses like AI/ML will need reskilling and upskilling in 2022. These technologies need trained and skilled manpower.
- As the workforce for manufacturing electric vehicles is needed, ACMA has joined hands with MG Motor India to educate and foster skill development in the EV component industry.
- With the aim of upskilling the youth, an MoU was signed between IG Drones and the Government of Gujarat at the International Conference of Academic Institutions, ahead of the Vibrant Gujarat Education Summit 2022, at the Science City in Ahmedabad.
- To focus on providing vocational education and skill enhancement opportunities to youth and citizens in rural areas, CSC has launched the “Yogyata” mobile phone application. It will provide access to courses like Cybersecurity, CAD and 3D printing.
- The Apparel Made Ups and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSSC) showcased their exemplary talent and they have also trained students in the Fashion Technology field who participated in Pragati maidan for IndiaSkills competition 2021.
- Skill-Lync, an engineering Ed-tech start-up has collaborated with Altair, a global technology company that provides software solutions in simulation, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). This collaboration will upskill aspiring engineers with the industry-sought demand of Altair tools.
- In a focus to improve employability and fill in the gaps left by colleges in BBA, BCom curriculum, KPMG in India has partnered with Gurgaon based Business School, Masters’ Union to launch a one-year part-time programme in Applied Finance with an embedded internship for BCom, BBA and MBA students.
Skill development news from the academia
- Future Skills Institute is organizing The National Skill Summit on 6th February 2022, with the objective of addressing the challenges that India’s skill sector is facing today and to discuss about the innovations to build future-ready organizations.
- IIT-Guwahati will start PG programmes that are aligned with NEP 2020 in courses like Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning in collaboration with Times Professional Learning (TPL).
- 5ire, the 5th generation blockchain network has collaborated with AICTE, India’s technical and higher education regulator to create the world’s biggest happiness blockchain named, YourOneLife (YOL) app on 5irechain.
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) and Cipla Foundation (CF) have signed an agreement to conduct an orientation programme for M.Sc students from the Northeastern States to provide them with an opportunity to learn with the scientists and expose them to diverse cultures.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya which is number one in Salt Lake is now an NSDC hub offering a Domestic Data Entry Operator course which will be offered to school pass-outs as well as school dropouts.
- To train 51 fisherfolk youth in Mundra, Gujarat, Adani Foundation has started a 90-day technical training for them. The youth training initiative is joint work of Adani Foundation & Adani Skill Development Centre (ASDC).
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – In the India Skills competitions held in New Delhi from January 6th to 10th, Andhra Pradesh has won seven gold, four silver, two bronze medals and four medallions of excellence. AP stood sixth at the national level with 17 medals.
- Goa – The Goa state government’s DSDE and GIM has planned to train over 400 ITI staff including instructors, non-teaching staff and senior officials to enhance their capability in communication, innovation and life skills
- Haryana – The Haryana government has felicitated the young entrepreneurs who passed out from both government and private ITIs. A new scheme was also approved in this regard.
- Karnataka – The State Higher Education and Minister for IT/BT and Skill Development, Dr. CN Ashwatha Narayana has said 200 startups will be provided with seed funding of up to Rs 50 lakh each to promote technological innovation.
- Karnataka – To upskill and nurture new talent Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) in partnership with the Department of Collegiate Technical Education (DCTE) and Talencia Global has announced the launch of the ambitious program #FutureDigitalJoaiming for students from over 100 Government Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges across Karnataka.
- Odisha – In the India Skills competitions held in New Delhi from January 6th to 10th, Odisha topped the medal chart with 51 medals winning 10 gold, 18 silver, nine bronze and 14 medallions by participating in 54 skills. Nausin Nigar and Swati Kumari, two engineering students from Odisha had won gold in Robot System Integration.
- Tamil Nadu – Skill training programmes standardization and district-wise training institutions will be identified by the nodal agency which was appointed by the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply