The key focus of this week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up is on the upcoming regional competitions for IndiaSkills 2021. Apart from the news about IndiaSkills 2021, we also have updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry.
The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2020 – 21. Last date- 3rd November 2021
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) released Notification for Engagement of Technical and Non-Technical Apprentices at the Pipelines Division. Last date- 25th October 2021
- HESCOM Karnataka is inviting applications for Apprenticeship Training for the FY-2021-22 from B.E Graduate and Diploma Holders. Last date- 20th October 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
- The regional competitions for IndiaSkills 2021 will begin on October 20 and will bring together 1,500 participants from 30 states and union territories for the country’s largest skilling event. The regional contests will be held in five zones, with the winners going on to compete in the IndiaSkills national competition in December 2021. Read more…
- Visakhapatnam will host the Regional Skills Competition for South in 52 trades from November 30 to December 4. Nearly 1,200 youth from six states will participate in the competition.
- The regional contest for east and northeastern zones is going to be organised by the Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) from October 20 to 23.
- Adikavi Nannaya University (AKNU) to start a skill development college at MSN campus, Kakinada aiming towards improving the skill development of students.
- To empower women by training them to ride two-wheelers, the Hyderabadi Bikerni, Jai Bharati has planned to start India’s first ever ‘Women Motor Training Centre’ in Hyderabad.
- Four MoUs have been signed between India and Denmark on groundwater resources, Traditional Knowledge Digital Library Access Agreement, natural refrigerants for tropical climates with potential applications and Joint Letter of Intent between The Government of the Kingdom of Denmark and the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and two agreements on climate change.
- With an aim to address issues related to adverse events due to a drugs and medical devices and enhance Pharmacovigilance (PV) knowledge and skills of the healthcare professionals, Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) has started Skill Development Programme (SDP) – 2021
- A 12-month long diploma course in fire safety will be started at Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) in collaboration with Pristine Skill Power at the cost of Rs. 25,000.
- With an aim to offer certification courses in Business Literacy, Behavioral skills and Digital Literacy, Hyderabad-based, Indian School of Business (ISB) has signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) and Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Academy (APITA).
- With an aim to improve employment opportunities across the state, Andhra Pradesh Government advisor Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy have launched a course on Applied Robotic Control Certification in Emerging Technologies.
- Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) has signed an MoU with Amaravati EV Consulting and Trading (AEV) to increase skilling in delivery-personnel in Dao EV Tech and provide employment opportunities to the youth in South India.
- In order to stop the practice of child labour in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh government has implemented Labour Department in collaboration with the UNICEF to provide education in vocational training under the Naya Savera Yojana.
- Madhya Pradesh ranks third with 4586 candidates in the country in the number of candidates selected in the national apprenticeship fair organised recently. Karnataka with 6,636 youths’ selection stood at the first position while 5063 candidates from Telangana came second.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-12102021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.