NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government projects in the skilling industry
- Request for Proposal for Phase 1 Short Term Training (Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed Component) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0. The last date to submit the project proposal is 26th April 2021.
- Request for Proposal for providing Skill Training under PMKVY 3.0 Special Projects in Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) component. The last date to submit the project proposal is 1st May 2021.
To know more about the recent projects please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Skill development news from the states
Government and non-government jobs and apprenticeships in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Jammu and Kashmir- The modalities for the establishment of various youth-centric projects aimed at skill development, employment, recreation and career counselling have been finalized.
- Jammu and Kashmir- The government of Jammu and Kashmir may propose an enhancement of wages for vocational trainers to address their long-pending demand.
- Odisha- Skilled in Odisha professionals of ITI Berhampur started e-waste creativity by creating art by upcycling the electronic components which are of no use.
- Odisha- Vedanta launched advanced product design training for artisans of Dhokra, a beautiful metalworking art form with origins dating back to the Indus Valley civilization, in Lanjigarh, Odisha.
- Telangana- CTE and FICCI will collaborate to establish a skill development centre in the state of Telangana.
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- NSDC has collaborated with Apna to provide a first of its kind professional networking platform dedicated to the blue and grey collared workers. Read more…
- Microsoft Corp aims to place 50,000 people in jobs that require technology skills as part of a broader push being undertaken with its professional networking website LinkedIn.
- National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India has released Kaushal Aapti, an app for youth to discover their vocational interest and aptitude. Read more…
- Simplilearn has tied up with KPMG in India to offer postgraduate programmes in digital business transformation and process excellence.
- HCL launched HCL Jigsaw, India’s premier critical reasoning platform to assess the problem-solving skills of school students.
- CBSE has collaborated with AICTE to enhance the skills of teachers and students on emerging technologies and keep them informed about the latest innovations and new-age career paths.
- Certificates of the computer hardware, tailoring and makeup training were distributed to 300 trainees under phase two of PMKVY.
- With an aim to benchmark wage placement-linked program to global standards, the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) revamped the placement linked skill development program under National Rural Livelihood Mission as DeenDayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
- Around 10.81 lakh candidates have been trained in 56 sectors and 600 trades under DDU-GKY and around 6.92 lakh trained candidates have been placed.
- NLCIL has organized self-employed tailoring training under the Women Entrepreneur Development program for 90 women Project Affected Persons (PAPs) Under Skill India Mission.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-14042021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.