Keeping up with what’s going on in the skilling and TVET sector is critical from the viewpoints of industry, academia, government, and other stakeholders. The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on what’s going on in the skilling ecosystem. The information snippets may be valuable in creating leads for expanding your business in this industry, and they will keep you informed.
You can watch the highlights of the video in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the industry
- On the basis of implementing and creating a long-term skill development approach, NSDC has partnered with GIF to launch project AMBER to provide India’s youth with industry-relevant skills and job prospects. Read more…
- NSDC has partnered with Hero Vired in order to upskill the youth of India and provide them with employment opportunities, internships, industry projects and financial support. All programmes in the collaboration are aligned to the NSQF. Read more…
- Keeping in mind the era of ‘Digital India,’ Meta has planned to train over 100 million students in digital safety and online well-being and AR in partnership with CBSE.
- IT giant Infosys and CSC e-Governance Services India have collaborated to provide digital skills and to develop vocational and professional skills to six crore students within the age of 10 to 22 years in rural areas of the country.
- With the focus to provide skill training to more than 6000 street children in New Delhi, Vedanta Foundation has collaborated with the Delhi Police to give placements to them. These training centres will be established in Malviya Nagar, Saket and Greater Kailash.
Skill development news from the academia
- In an effort to empower the youth of the country, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Palakkad’s Technology IHub Foundation has launched the i-Skill initiative which aims to train two million youths in a series of programmes by 2030.
- As part of improving skills in students, MoU has been signed between ISB and SBTET in which Business Literacy Programme, Behavioral Skills Programme, Digital Literacy Programme and Entrepreneurial Literacy Programme are the programmes being offered to undergraduate students in Telangana
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – An MoU has been signed by APSSDC with Cambridge University English in order to offer training programmes through English labs in skill development colleges across Andhra Pradesh.
- Assam – Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM) is planning to establish a university to create a pool of skilled manpower in the state which is funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Goa – The Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Education announced on-the-job training for class XII vocational students which will start from the current academic year. The board is yet to find out if any establishment is ready to give assignments or projects that can be done from home, which will also be a part of on-the-job training.
- Jammu and Kashmir– To meet the skill requirements and to enhance employability in Srinagar, The DC called for restructuring the curriculum in the ITIs and other technical institutions with the demand of present market trends.
- Jharkhand – Looking at the need for quality-oriented education for employment, the government of Jharkhand would set up a skill development university in the state. The target is to provide employment to every educated person in the state.
- Rajasthan – Tourism Department in Udaipur has initiated a tourism-related skill development training programme in the skills like bakery, food production, housekeeping among others, which will continue till the first week of January 2022.
- Telangana – With an aim to help its employees reach their professional goals and have a work-life balance, Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) is planning to set up a training programme for all the categories of workers like drivers, conductors, mechanics and shramiks.
- Uttar Pradesh – Aiming towards recognising the skills and efforts of the food and savoury makers in Uttar Pradesh, Skill India Mission has conducted a special RPL programme called Adarsh Gram Skill Camps for candidates in Semra and Yarna in Prayagraj districts which was held on 14th and 15th December 2021.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-14122021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply