Here we go with this week’s NSN weekly round-up, which include a wide range of events and updates from the industry, government, academia, and other players in the skilling and TVET area. The current news and events may be able to assist you in generating leads for expanding your firm in this field.
Two-day Workshop on Welding Automation and Robotic Arc Welding
Industrial Training and Consultancy Services, Chennai and the Indian Institute of Welding, Chennai Branch are organizing a two-day Workshop on Welding Automation and Robotic Arc Welding (WARAW 2022) with support from Fronius India Private Limited.
The two-day workshop on Welding Automation and Robotic Arc Welding will be held on 24th and 25th February 2022. Here is the link to register for the workshop – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/two-day-workshop-on-welding-automation-and-robotic-arc-welding/
CII Karnataka Skills Conclave on Skills For Resileince And Agile Future
CII Karnataka is organizing a Skills Conclave themed on “Skills For Resileince And Agile Future” on 3rd March 2022 from 1000-1600Hrs virtually. Prominent speakers/CEOs/Gurus from Industry, Academia, Government, Authors, etc. are being invited to address the Forum over a series of Interactive sessions. Click here to register – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/cii-karnataka-skills-conclave-skills-for-resileince-and-agile-future/
NSN weekly round-up- 22022022: Skill development news from the government
- As part of achieving Atmanirbharta through the Amrit Mantra of digital education and dynamic skilling, a webinar on the implementation of Budget 2022 relating to the education sector was organized by Skill India and the Ministry of Education.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a webinar on Union Budget 2022 on the lines of education and skill sectors where he elaborated on five aspects that were highlighted in the Budget 2022. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- With an aim to develop a specialised training programme for the healthcare workforce, HSSC has partnered with C-DAC to establish a Centre of Excellence (CoE). They have also created a ‘Smart’ Healthcare Workforce for Smart technology.
- Aiming to take up project development, capacity building, adequate laboratory infrastructure and tools with a clean environment and teaching aids as required for job roles, MoU was signed between ESSCI and Veteran India (Trust). ESSCI will support Veteran India in the development of a training ecosystem for imparting skills under CSR initiatives.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) which undertakes the development of khadi and village industries in the country has trained over 69,831 people as of 28th February 28 2021 in various skill-based jobs and entrepreneurship across centres.
- EdTech company CareerLabs (CL) and SkillAssure (SA), a division of Pratian Learning and Consulting will jointly facilitate over 10,000 engineering graduates with the opportunity to have a high-paying tech job at Fortune 500 companies, multinational IT firms and start-ups.
- Kaushalya Skill University has signed a Mou with AWS Academy to enhance the skilled manpower in the fields like cloud computing, machine learning and data analytics in the IT sector to benefit more than 25,000 youths.
- To empower local youth with job-oriented technical skill training in New Delhi, HMSI inaugurated its third Skill Enhancement Centre at Malviya Nagar in collaboration with Government ITI, Delhi.
NSN weekly round-up- 22022022: Skill development news from the academia
- A B.Voc course in film making and dramatics will be started at BMCC from the next academic year. A 15,000 square feet studio ‘Bharat Srushti’ will also be built at the BMCC to host training for students in various aspects of filmmaking, drama, direction, editing and various other relevant courses.
- TCS iON, a strategic unit of TCS and NTTF are jointly planning to offer three diploma and 12 certificate courses to skill and upskill more than 60000 youth in our country. Designed with respect to the recent academic reforms and industry-defined standards, these learning programs, launched by TCS iON, aim to make them job-ready for future industry needs. Read more…
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – Assam government is planning to launch a four-year mentorship programme called ‘Project Arohan’ with an aim to provide guidance to students and improve their skills.
- Himachal Pradesh – The government of Himachal Pradesh is going to train about 2000 women of Hamirpur district in skills such as mushroom production, handloom and handicraft, beautician training, making of pickle and jams which will improve their income.
- Jammu and Kashmir – The ITIs of Jammu and Kashmir is aiming to provide training to more than 800 unemployed youths from hilly areas in different trades such as fashion designing, electrician, carpenter, computer operator and many more under the Government’s Skill India Programme.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Planning to undertake some key employability, entrepreneurship, literacy and student engagement programmes in Kashmir in the next three years, the University of Kashmir has signed an MoU with TCS, Mumbai.
- Meghalaya – The government of Meghalaya is planning to set up a unique Medical Skill Development Centre’ in Meghalaya to provide skilling in the Healthcare sector.
- Sikkim – The Art of Living organization has signed an MoU with the Sikkim Government to upgrade the skill development sector in the state. As per the MoU, the Art of Living Organization will take up the revitalization of ITIs of Sikkim with digital age infrastructures and training for both trainees and trainers to provide entrepreneurial skills.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-15022022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.