NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
NSN Connect 2022 – Re-igniting the Skilling Landscape in India
The thrid episode of NSN Connect 2022 will be premeired tomorrow at 10 AM. Here is the link to watch the video – https://youtu.be/X-OJLkAdM0M
Team NSN has launched the series of NSN Connect 2022 on Re-igniting the skilling landscape in India to learn about these areas. The esteemed guest of the eight-episode series is Mr. Rajesh A R, CEO, LabourNet who is a thought leader and domain expert who will share his experience and expertise on various aspects that are crucial to re-ignite the skilling landscape in India.
Have you watched the last two episodes of NSN Connect 2022? If not, please visit- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFYhw0_R7kw&list=PLTTHQuX3NA1jJ2gsP2ObR4UtZOLR8EjH_
Skill development news from the government
- Targeting to enable government teachers across India and leverage digital tools and integrate socio-emotional context while teaching, EdIndia Foundation, the strategic CSR arm of Sterlite Power has partnered with the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (UNESCO MGIEP), to train more than 10,000 teachers in India.
- With a target to create a mass and rapid micro/ nano-entrepreneurship movement across India through a tech-and-touch model, Skill India Mission, NSDC and LetsEndorse have entered into a strategic partnership together.
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
NSDC has released Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for DESH Accelerator Program. To know more about the REOI, please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/NSDC-Draft-EOI_Accelerators.pdf
Skill development news from the industry
- Apna.co, a networking and jobs platform has signed an MoU with the Beauty and Wellness Sector Skill Council (BWSSC). With this MoU, apna.co is aiming to support BWSSC by providing access to training sessions, upskilling courses and reskilling courses to the professionals.
- With an aim to train industry professionals on a two-day programme called “Battery as an Energy Storage System” (BESS), inverter firm GoodWe joined with the Skill Council for green jobs.
- Hindustan Zinc has introduced two new courses under Skill Development initiatives. With this initiative, Hindustan Zinc has mobilized 120 students of nearby panchayats with their implementation partner Birla Open Minds, by providing them free training in disciplines like Electrical Maintenance and Food and Beverages.
- To address the skill gap that exists amongst a large share of telecom engineers as well as new graduates, Skill-Lync, India’s leading engineering EdTech start-up has announced the launch of a new program – Telecom Transformation using AI and ML.
- Focusing to target the Indian skill, education and EduTech sector, Torus Primero Edutech, a joint venture of Cosmea Financial Holdings and Primero Skills and Training is aiming to provide vocational training to one million youth across 40 sectors.
- TeamLease Apprenticeship Outlook Report for H1 has revealed that 72% of employers are keen to hire apprentices in the first six months of 2022.
Skill development news from the academia
- The AICTE has clarified that the B.Voc courses will be treated at par with a diploma in engineering or a B.Sc degree for lateral admission to engineering courses. For admission in B.Tech and BE programs through lateral entry to the second year, a candidate must have passed a minimum of three years diploma exam in any branch of engineering and technology.
- Ayurveda Dietician Course and the Ayurveda Ahara and Poshana Sahayak Course have been added in the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) to promote interdisciplinary Ayurveda studies and are affiliated with the HSSC and NSDC.
- The UGC has prepared draft frameworks upon implementation that will overhaul the higher education structure from undergraduate degrees to PhDs. This will start from the next academic session, in tune with the National Education Policy, 2020.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Arunachal Pradesh – The Department of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship organized an orientation-cum-sendoff programme at the Udyog Sadan at Itanagar for 50 youths. They are aiming to undergo high-end skill development training in the automotive sector.
- Assam – IIT Guwahati, is offering drone-related activities and courses to increase the need for talent in the drone industry with the liberalized rules from the government and increasing interest from private firms.
- Delhi – Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) has announced that 250 women will learn skills at NIMT that will aid them in getting employed in electronic companies by the free-of-cost skill development training for two months.
- Gujarat – With a target to enhance technological skill sets in students under the MG Nurture initiative, MG Motor India announced its plan to extend cars to select engineering colleges in Gujarat. This initiative will also help in bridging the existing gap between the industry and academia in the auto-tech world.
- Jammu – With an aim to make available a skilled workforce for bamboo product development, Directorate of Handicrafts and Handloom, Jammu has organized a one-day Orientation Programme for the Bamboo Artisans, who are leaving for Assam to undergo Capacity Building and Skill Development Training at North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC).
- Kashmir – White Globe, an NGO is working for the skill development of women in the Kashmir valley by distributing sewing machines to more than 50 women from Rainawari in Srinagar to impart skills at its “Skill Development Center”.
- Mumbai – To enhance the significance of skilling or vocational training programmes, Archana Yadav from Mumbai said she will be starting classes under a free skilling programme offered in Kandivali under Skill India initiative.
- Tamil Nadu – SkillActz, a Thiruvananthapuram-based employability platform has been honoured by Silicon India Startup City as one among the ‘10 Best Skill Assessment Startups, 2022’. SkillActz is part of Trinity Skillworks which strives towards enhancing employability and transforming the careers of the youth of India.
- Mr. V. Vishnu, Collector has established an Artisan Training Centre (ATC) at the cost of Rs. 50 lakh by Bosch India, at Pettai.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-15032022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.