This week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training has updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
On the occasion of World MSME Day 2021, NSN is organizing an webinar on “Overcoming the impact of COVID-19 on MSMEs through skill development.”
Date: 26th June 2021
Time: 11.30 AM
Registration link for the webinar- https://forms.gle/miofdcCGyH82yToJ8
You can also register using the QR code.
Click here to learn more about the panelists and product demo- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/upcoming-webinars/
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Western Railway invites ONLINE applications for 3591 apprenticeships from interested Applicants for training in the designated Trades under various Divisions for the year 2021-22. Last date- 24th June 2021
- Southern Railway invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants (in the stream of Freshers, Ex. ITI & Medical Lab Technician) for training in various Divisions for the year 2021-22. Last date- 30th June 2021
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bengaluru is inviting application from I.T.I candidates to undergo Apprenticeship training for the year 2021-22. Last date- 30th June 2021
- NPCIL invites applications in the prescribed format for engagement of Trade Apprentices- Last date- 7th July 2021
- Online applications are invited from interested candidates who have passed the ITI exam from UP or MP based institutes only- Last day- 9th July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Six customized crash course programmes for Covid-19 frontline workers were launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video conferencing. Read more…
- NML has organized an integrated skill initiative industrial training titled ‘Materials and Metallurgical Engineering’ under the CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative programme.
- Vision care provider Essilor Group is going to add 2,000 Eye Mitra opticians across India by the end of 2022 developing skills and creating jobs.
- Amazon India has announced the launch of ML Summer School- an integrated learning experience for students to learn applied Machine Learning (ML) skills, making them industry ready for a career in ML.
- The government of Punjab is planning to include foreign languages as optional subjects for students of government schools and directed the Education Department to explore all possibilities to make it a reality.
- The Centre’s aspirational districts programme, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018, has benefited almost 21% of the nation’s population and improved their quality of life.
- The employability rates among Industrial Training Institutes and polytechnics are on the decline.
- Three districts of Odisha namely Nabarangpur (13th rank), Rayagada (16th rank) and Koraput (17th rank) have excelled in the Performance Ranking of 112 Aspirational Districts of India by NITI Aayog and UNDP based on the change in net resilience from March 2018 to March 2020.
- Ambuja Cement Foundation had partnered with NABARD for the implementation of its ‘Employability through Skill Initiative Project (ESIP) Phase two.
- NSE Academy and TalentSprint have launched Deep Tech education programs for professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, stock markets, commodity markets, derivatives, insurance, forex, money markets, fintech start-ups, NBFCs, regulators.
- NHPC has signed an MoU with Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation (BSHPC) for the implementation of the 130.1 MW Dagmara HE project.
- IIHMR University has launched the first of its kind UGC NSQF framework approved PG Diploma Program in health entrepreneurship in India.
- CBSE has signed an MoU with NCEAR for a project on skill development in schools.
- The/Nudge Foundation has received a grant from American philanthropist and novelist MacKenzie Scott and husband Dan Jewett, in recognition of their work against social and economic inequities in India.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh is going to make English medium compulsory in all degree colleges from the next academic session.
- Apna app has raised $70 million to help workers in India secure jobs.
- Lucknow University has finalized a flexible 4-year UG courses structure under NEP which will make learning fun for students by providing them with the opportunity to learn and acquire skills from a wide range of topics.
- VLCC Institute of Beauty and Nutrition has launched a new delivery methodology for its entry-level and skill up-gradation courses, combining technology and digital media with traditional instructor-led classroom activities.
- Tim Miller, CEO, Certif-ID has shared his views on how will Blockchain affect the future of education and learning.
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has announced a partnership with CSC to train one lakh rural youth on the maintenance of optical fibre under BharatNet across the country.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-15062021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply