Here we go with this week’s weekly round-up, which include a wide range of events and updates from the industry, government, academia, and other players in the skilling and TVET area. The current news and events may be able to assist you in generating leads for expanding your firm in this field.
You can also watch the highlights of our weekly round-up in Hindi.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- EDII has been recognized as a Centre of Excellence (CoE) by the Government of India. This recognition will be valid for five years and follows thorough scrutiny of the Institute on parameters by the ministry.
- The champions from Delhi got 12 gold and 9 silver medals in the IndiaSkills 2021 Regional Competition, leading the list of Northern Zone winners, after a fantastic exhibition of skills, talent, passion, and drive. Read more…
- The 33rd “Hunar Haat” in the series of on-going “Hunar Haats” across the country is being organized at India International Trade Fair, Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry and CSR
- JNTUH has signed an MoU with Nasscom’s IT-ITes Sector Skills Council for skill development training in emerging technologies. The MoU was signed on its Golden Jubilee celebrations which are aiming towards helping students acquire necessary skills any time.
- Skill courses like communication skills, interview skills, resume writing and cover letter writing skills have been launched for freshers, postgraduate and undergraduate students by the Digital Learning Hub of TCS. These courses were introduced under the IoT.
- As part of building a talent pool of Trailhead certiﬁed professionals with a B2C (Business-to-Consumer) and B2A (Business-to-Academia) model and train young learners in technological skills, Manipal Global and Marketing Solutions in higher education has joined hands with Salesforce and launched a skill development academy.
- A ten-day-long vocational training will be conducted for 75 women in Jewar by NAEC and ATDC to increase women participation in the industries coming at the Apparel Park, Jewar. This training will provide employment opportunities to women at the Apparel Park.
- Amazon India has collaborated with JSLPS, UPSRLM, CG Forest and ARIAS to launch Amazon Saheli which aims to support the growth of women entrepreneurs across the country.
- Engineering EdTech platform Skill-Lync is going to strengthen its workforce across the markets in India and abroad. Hence, it has announced that it will hire over 3,000 employees by February which will also support its next phase of growth.
Skill development news from the states
- Jammu and Kashmir- Large-scale skill development projects are being introduced in the Kashmir Valley to increase employment opportunities for the youth. Director of NCPUL, Dr. Aquil Ahmed said that they have signed an agreement with CBSE under which 13 courses are identified.
- Nagaland- A five-day skill development training on value addition on fruits, vegetables and spice conducted by CSIR – CFTRI and APEDA at NTTC, Dimapur was concluded on November 19, 2021. Speaking on the occasion, L Mongkum, President, BAN encouraged the trainees to work towards becoming entrepreneurs and providing job opportunities to many other young people.
- Odisha- With an intent to increase the employability of the local youth in industry-demand trades, TP Central Odisha Distribution Limited has inaugurated its first Vocational Training Cum Tutorial Centre in Talagarh village of Naraj gram panchayat in Cuttack district.
- Odisha- A team of 40 members has visited ITI, Berhampur, Odisha from Maharashtra ITI and interacted with the girls there about the family background, the motivation behind joining the ITI and safety and security during the training. Dr. Rajat Panigrahy, principal, ITI Berhampur, has said that ITI, Berhampur now stands 12th in the ranking.
- Rajasthan- The first Skill Enhancement Centre was inaugurated in Rajasthan by HMSI in collaboration with Government ITI, Jodhpur. The centre aims at giving practical training to students on technical aspects of two-wheelers maintenance and repair.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view:https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-16112021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.