Here we go with this week’s NSN weekly round-up, which include a wide range of events and updates from the industry, government, academia, and other players in the skilling and TVET area. The current news and events may be able to assist you in generating leads for expanding your firm in this field.
You can watch the highlights in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- With an aim to link vocational education and training with higher education that makes India’s youth employable, MSDE has signed an MoU with IGNOU. This MoU is aligned with Sustainable Development Goal 4.4 and the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- ASDC will deliver various learning modules and certifications in automotive servicing by partnering with Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters. This partnership will also increase ASDC’s capacity in curriculum building.
- Aiming to equip students with employable and industry-oriented skills that makes them future-ready, MESC has signed an MoU with Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication (MCNUJC). Students will be offered industry-oriented Media and Entertainment programs through this partnership.
- Truflo by Hindware, a leading PVC pipes and fittings company partnered with Indian Plumbing Skills Council (IPSC) for the IndiaSkills Competition 2021. Truflo will also impart training on plumbing methods and help them learn about new products.
- Shriram Transport Finance Company (STFC) has partnered with Skill India to train 1000 drivers to ensure accident-free transportation of oxygen tankers with an objective of upskilling 1000 experienced heavy and medium vehicle drivers.
- To help employees with skill up-gradation while focusing on innovations to advance technologies, Oppo India has partnered with BITS Pilani and aims to develop its engineers from India R&D in various emerging technology areas.
- To bridge the gap between skills required by the industry, ASDC has recently come up with a microsite called CAREERGUIDE in ASDC to address the ongoing digital transformation, opportunities to the students and workers in the automotive industry.
- As women are now able to manage their economic aspects, household situations and social dynamics, USHA International has partnered with UNFPA to inculcate life skills to rural women in order to make them organise their work better.
Skill development news from the academia
- Evaluation of the skill gaps for meeting the skill requirements of the district and increasing the employment opportunities to ITI pass-outs to earn a sustainable livelihood was discussed in a meeting of the District Skill Development Committee held under the chairmanship of the District Development Commissioner Rajouri, Vikas Kundal.
- The DSEU has signed an MoU with Chetak Logistics to develop a course curriculum for Logistics and Transportation Courses at DSEU. Chetak Foundation has also announced its plan of setting up the Jai Krishna Scholarship and Logistics Awards for the students.
- With the focus of enabling every student with English language proficiency and get access to better employment opportunities, Gujarat Technical University has signed a partnership MoU with LearnVern.
Skill development news from the states
Jammu and Kashmir
- The Indian Army is providing skill development training and employment opportunities to young people in Jammu’s Kishtwar district. As a part of this initiative, the Indian army is training relatives of certain active terrorists to provide them with an opportunity of earning a livelihood.
- Several RSETIs have been established across Jammu and Kashmir to upskill and provide employment to the youth in their respective courses. RSETI Kulgam is one of them where several girls are getting trained in trades like cutting, make-up and many more.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-18012022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.