NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
AISECT National Conference
AISECT is organizing their National Conference on “Role of Social Entrepreneurship in Making Atmanirbhar Bharat”
Date: 28th April 2022
Place: Kushabhau Thakre Bhavan (Minto Hall), Bhopal
To know more, please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Conference-Invitation-28.04.2022.pdf
Registrations are open for the third batch of NSN Catalyse
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”.
Date: 07th May 2022
Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 05th May 2022
Registration link- https://bit.ly/39jQgy9
NSN weekly round-up – 26042022: Skill development news from the government
- Aiming to connect the youth with relevant job opportunities, National Apprenticeship Mela was launched on April 21 2022, by the Directorate General of Training and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Skill development news from the academia
- NIOS plans to introduce specialised courses like Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management and more to upskill its students and expose them to the practical learning by working in the skill centres of the LSSC.
- To enable learning material and techniques for college students and working professionals, PrepInsta, edtech startup has launched a new OTT learning platform to practice coding and new technologies.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Delhi – To train nurses in hands-on practical knowledge and skills to practice the latest patient care for managing non-communicable diseases (NCDs), an e-learning initiative called ‘Skill for Scale’ was launched by India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi and AIIMS, Jodhpur.
- Delhi- With an aim to promote women entrepreneurship and female work participation, the Delhi government’s women and child development department (WCD) has signed an MoU with DSEU.
- Gujarat – Focusing to provide skill development programmes that enhance the knowledge of entire drone value chain from a drone flying to maintenance, the Gujarat government allotted funds for the drone sector to train about 10,000 students.
- Haryana – Training in vocational education and skill development to the youth of Haryana in six main sectors like tourism and hospitality, retail, IT and ITeS, accounts, banking, finance, logistic, and beauty and wellness has been set. To implement this plan, A ‘World Skill Centre’ will be set up in Gurugram.
- Haryana – In an attempt to provide job-oriented education and employment opportunities in Germany for the youth of Haryana, (HSDM) has signed an agreement with Magic Billion (Unit TGM Services Private Limited) as a National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- Haryana – With a focus to increase the skill development profile in Haryana, Deputy Commissioner Baramulla, Bhupinder Kumar has signed an MoU with one of the leading Haryana based consultancy service providers named “Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu India LLP”.
- Himachal Pradesh – During his speech in a bamboo craft training camp, former Chief Minister, Prem Kumar Dhumal told the participants that it is important to use the skills that they had acquired for employment generation and to boost their incomes.
- Karnataka – To boost the upgradation of skills in aerospace, HAL and ASSC organized a skill development conclave at HAL Management Academy in Bengaluru.
- Karnataka – The CEO and Founder of VFLYX India, a drone technology company based in Bengaluru is planning to invest around 3.4 million dollars in R and D, manufacturing, and testing of drones to upskill the industries in drone usage.
- Maharashtra – ITIs will be revived in Maharashtra as the SIDBI has given acceptance of 600 crores cluster development fund to the government. Read more..
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-19042022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.