NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2020 – 21. Last date- 3rd November 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 11th November 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 26102021
- Union Minister Shri Giriraj Singh has visited RSETI (Rural Self Employment Training Institute), Jodhpur and motivated trainees to go for skill upgradation and promote RSETI at a local level. He also suggested focusing on vocational training for rural youth. Read more…
- Mr Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Phase II, a two-year fellowship designed to provide opportunities for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to improving skill development at the grassroots level. Read more…
- On completion of 100-hour training programme in trades like welding, fitter etc., Banaras Locomotive Works (BLW) has organised function to distribute self-employment toolkits and certificate for trainees on 13.10.2021 under Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY).
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated 29th HunarHaat at Rampur, UP which is the market of indigenous products of artisans and craftsmen where they showcase their art and a chance to get employment opportunities for their children.
- Workers from construction, manufacturing, agriculture etc., have registered on the e-SHRAM portal where the largest number of workers are from the agriculture and construction sectors.
- With an aim to bridge the skill gap and create employment opportunities, e-commerce firm Flipkart is setting up a skill-building academy to upskill thousands of students in the logistics sector.
- To help working professionals enhance their logistics skills, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) at Indore, MP is going to set up India’s first Centre of Excellence in Logistics in which 5000 professionals will be trained.
- With an aim to provide skills in computational thinking, coding and communication and provide employment to children in Goa, the government has signed an MoU with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- The Karnataka government has announced that the 150 ITIs will be upgraded as technology hubs by Tata Technologies Limited (TTL) to impart technical education to the students in the state.
- The West Bengal government has adopted a three-tier model of skilling with vocational training centres at panchayats, ITI institutes and polytechnic colleges to provide hands-on training and strengthen experience-based education to the students in the state.
- With an aim to address important high-quality AI and Quantum education, training and upskilling, QpiAI has announced a new mode of certification for AI and Quantum computing with Rs. 499/- module.
- With an aim to create an enabling environment and facilitate open innovation, Manav Rachna has collaborated with globally recognized industries. It will also lead professionals with potential ideas to lead the transformation.
- To expand access in AI, Quantum computing, blockchain, analytics, cybersecurity etc., IBM is starting to provide job skills to 30 million people all over the world by 2030.
- With an aim to provide one lakh direct and two lakh indirect jobs in the textile sector, the government is setting up seven mega textile parks under the PM-MITRA scheme at Rs. 4,445 crore which will be located in different willing states.
- The Electronics Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI) has announced the appointment of Dr. Abhilasha Gaur as its new Chief Operating Officer (COO) as part of providing skilled workforce for the Electronics industry.
- As Electronics is the second-largest traded community and the expansion plans looking at equipment and system, the government is expecting that the Indian Electronics manufacturing sector will grow to around USD 300 billion by 2024-25.
- With an aim to understand the skill ecosystem and create a common platform for stakeholders involved in DDU-GKY and other programmes, a Virtual CXO meet of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gramin Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) was organized by Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS) under “Aazadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
- To enhance the soft skills, technical skills and non-technical skills in the students of aviation studies, Srinivas University, College of Aviation Studies has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Udaan Aviation Academy, a private aviation learning and development organisation.
- With an aim to focus on practising globalised higher education in the new normal environment, the Indian Chamber of Commerce has organized the 4th Globalised Education Forum in Kolkata where the stalwarts of the education system have participated.
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari have signed an MoU between Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) and National Highways Logistics Management Ltd (NHLML) to build 35 multi-modal logistics parks across the country.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-19102021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.