NSN has started an initiative “COVID help for delivering skill development and training” to help people continue their training by connecting them to concerned people. Along with the information regarding the initiative, this week’s weekly round-up also provides you with various updates on skills, education and training in the skilling and TVET space.
COVID help for delivering skill development and training
You could write to us about the crisis you are going through and what is help you are looking for in delivering the training programs. We will take your issue to the concerned people who could be of help. Please visit the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/covid-help-for-delivering-skill-development-and-training/
Latest government and non-government projects in the skilling industry
- Odisha Skill Development Authority invites EOI for the empanelment of Training Partners for undertaking PMKVY 3.0 CSSM. Last date- 6th May 2021
- Request for Proposal for providing Skill Training under PMKVY 3.0 Special Projects in Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) component. Last date- 1st May 2021
To know more about the recent projects please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Skill development news from the states
Government and non-government jobs and apprenticeships in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Andhra Pradesh- The government of Andhra Pradesh has collaborated with Microsoft to train 1.6 lakh students and unemployed youth in the state.
- Gujarat- NHSRCL has collaborated with Japan Railway Technical Service for Training and Certification for the construction of Track works for the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail corridor.
- Jammu and Kashmir- The Tribal Affairs Department has initiated the process for time-bound modernisation of all residential hostels in districts to provide the best facilities and competitive platform to students.
- Jammu and Kashmir- The formulation of a Skill Development Action Plan (SDAP) under SANKALP worth Rs. 2 crores was reviewed by the Deputy Commissioner of Kupwara district.
- Nagaland- One week Skill Training of Rural Youth (STRY) programme on seed production and poultry rearing and management were organized by Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
- Nagaland- With an aim to make the youth self-reliant, Nagaland Khadi and Village Industries Board in collaboration with Glocal Concepts Nagaland (GCN) is conducting skill development for rural employment training for youths.
- Punjab- To upgrade the existing technical education ecosystem in the state, the government of Punjab has approved the establishment of 19 new ITIs with classes to be commenced in the forthcoming session.
- Tamil Nadu- IIT Madras-incubated startup GUVIis collaborated with AICTE to upskill 10 lakh Indians in coding through a one-day free workshop called AI-For-India 1.0.
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- NSDC has partnered with the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to launch disability sensitisation modules on the eSkill India platform. Read more…
- Amrita University has collaborated with upGrad to offer UGC approved online BBA and BCA degree programs.
- A digital learning platform eBridgeNow was launched by umlaut, a recognized engineering and consulting organization to deliver niche skills and technology courses in the Aerospace and Aviation industry. Read more…
- Mahindra and Mahindra Limited has increased its investment in skills training in South Africa by opening a new training centre, effectively doubling its capacity, in the country.
- The Yummy Idea has introduced a unique e-profile solution to help budding hospitality professionals (students) to find placement opportunities.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and TalentSprint announced their fourth deep tech program with the launch of the PG Level Advanced Certification Program in VLSI Chip Design.
- NSDC has collaborated with IIT Kharagpur to promote sustainable developments through advanced training, action research, studies and policy analysis.
- Salesforce has partnered with NASSCOM FutureSkills Prime to skill 1,00,000 professionals, potential employees and students in India by 2024.
- The department of a college education will launch a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) to prepare students for employment opportunities through free online skill development courses.
- With a vision to bridge the skill gaps in the tech sector, AICTE has partnered with IBM to provide skills-based training courses through NEAT 2.0 platform.
- DXC Technology has collaborated with ICT Academy to train 7500 rural school teachers on digital teaching skills and 10000 graduating women students on advanced IT skills.
- HCL Technologies has offered a skill-based allowance of 25-30% of their CTC (cost-to-company) to about 16,000 employees.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-20042021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.