Apprenticeship updates, project information and other updates from the skilling industry – our weekly round-up on skills, education and training has it all. It will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
SAHI in collaboration with the National Skills Network invites you to the second webinar in the series on “Right Skills for the Right Jobs in Delivery and Logistics sector“
Date and Time: July 29th, 2021 (Thursday) from 11.30 AM to 12.30 PM
Registration link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10evA5pPNSpQATFzsTZsRBY0ciD6oVZKPE5Fhq3j_svE/viewform?edit_requested=true
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, Aonla Unit is inviting applications for the Apprenticeship Training Program for the year 2021-2022 from Diploma pass-out candidates – Last date- 31st July 2021
- Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt. (DRDO), Avadi, Chennai, invites Online applications from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering – Last date- 28th July 2021
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Bangalore Complex invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for Apprenticeship Training – Last date- 28th July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Tableau has partnered with AICTE to empower educators and students in over 10,500 higher education institutions across India with data skills.
- TalentSprint has collaborated with Salesforce to train aspiring college graduates to be world-class software developers.
- NSDC has collaborated with Cisco Networking Academy to address the shortage of a tech-proficient workforce in India and create career opportunities for millions in the digital economy. Read more…
- Panasonic Life Solutions India has launched an Anchor Certified Electrician (ACE) training program to upskill and develop the electrician community in India.
- A five-day online training course on “Vegetable cultivation through hydroponics, soilless, fruit trap and net-house technologies” concluded at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU). A total of 161 trainees attended the course.
- The District Employment and Counseling Centre (DE&CC) Budgam in collaboration with the District Administration today organized a day-long workshop cum job fair for enthusiastic polytechnic/ITI students of the district under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY).
- AISECT has partnered with NSDC and Microsoft to help them with their digital project operating in rural India and to skill women in Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Lakshadweep administration will establish a paramedical college in Kavaratti to create job opportunities for locals.
- With an aim to attract unemployed youth and farmers toward the Horticulture sector, the Udhampur Horticulture Department of Jammu and Kashmir organised a skill development programme.
- AISECT organized an eight-day webinar series ‘Kaushal Charcha’ from July 15 to July 23. It was organized by the MP Skill Development Panel of CII in association with AISECT and National Skills Network (NSN).
- NCPUL has signed a SOP with craft development to introduce a course in paper machines.
- Hikvision India has partnered with the NSDC to offer security technology training for India’s youth.
- Challa Madhusudhan Reddy has been appointed as Government Advisor (Skill Development and Training). He has been working as the chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation for the past two years.
- About 5,000 underserved youth from regions across Karnataka, Telangana and Delhi-NCR are now skilled in Data Science and Cloud computing through a program by IBM in partnership with NASSCOM Foundation.
- The admissions to 966 ITIs in Maharashtra for over one lakh seats have begun through an online application process.
- As per a report by the skills development ministry, Candidates trained and certified under the government’s flagship skills programme get 15-19% higher wages than those without any formal certification.
- Training has started in 607 districts across 32 states/Union Territories under the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2020-22.
- ISIE INDIA and Morris Garages (MG Motors) have come together to establish a Centre of Excellence for EV Research.
- APSSDC has collaborated with Google to launch Google Android App Development using Kotlin programme for the faculty across all the engineering colleges in the State.
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has partnered with BIF to train and skill BIF members in emerging technologies to meet the industry’s reskilling and upskilling requirements.
- The Indian Army has set up a cutting and tailoring centre in Kupwara district to impart training to women to help them get employment.
- Aptech Aviation Academy has inaugurated a new centre in Vastrapur, Ahmedabad.
- Government run skill development centre is empowering tribal women in Madhya Pradesh’s Dhar.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-20072021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply