It’s critical to keep up with what’s going on in the skilling and TVET arena from the perspective of industry, academia, government, and other stakeholders. NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on everything going on in the skilling ecosystem.
The snippets of information may be useful in generating leads for expanding your business in this field, and they will keep you updated.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 10th October 2021
- Applications are invited in SECL for Graduate and Technician Apprentices training from candidates having Degree in Mining Engineering or Diploma in Mining/Mine Surveying. Last date- 5th October 2021
- Nagpur Division and Workshop Motibag, South East Central Railway invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 5th October 2021
- Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) has invited applications from candidates to apply for Apprentice posts. Last date- 3rd October 2021
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. (GRSE) invites applications through ONLINE mode for engagement of 256 Apprentices for the year 2021-22. Last date – 1st October 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, North Central Railway, invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants across the Nation. Last date- 1st October 2021
- South East Central Railway Bilaspur, invites ONLINE applications for Gas Cutter Apprenticeship under NAPS. Last date- 30th September 2021
- HESCOM Karnataka is inviting applications for Apprenticeship Training for the FY-2021-22 from B.E Graduate and Diploma Holders. Last date – 20th October 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 21092021
- With an aim to provide vocational training and skill development to around 1000 youth in basic automation, building installation, home automation, safe and secure building operations, the Don Bosco Institute in Nepal has launched a centre of excellence at Lalitpur, Nepal.
- In an effort to promote outcome-based learning and to improve employability, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked universities to include apprenticeships and industrial training in undergraduate degree programmes.
- National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and WiselyWise, a Global EdTech from Singapore have announced a life-long learning initiative in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to improve skilling in Indian youth.
- With a focus on the importance of hygiene and a clean environment, Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) has partnered with JLL India and is planning to offer a BBA course in Facilities and Hygiene Management.
- With an aim to meet the requirement of the rail transport sector, the finance ministry has suggested the railways to restart a 94-year-old apprenticeship scheme which was stopped in 2015.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has come up with measuring the learning levels of engineering and management students during the course which will help in the assessment of new-age tech skills in them.
- MNCs and IT companies have seen a huge surge with the COVID-19 pandemic and this lead to humungous demand for talent and tech startups.
- To enable students in skilling and employment at supervisory level, Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) has signed an MoU with Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSSC) to launch apprenticeship Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) programmes in e-commerce and land transportation.
- With an aim to bring transgenders into mainstream society and provide them with employment opportunities, Symbiosis Skills and Professional University has launched a skill development programme.
- Bengaluru based CareerLabs has partnered with Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited and announced a brand-new industry certification programme for chemical engineers to provide affordable medicines.
- Students of B.Sc Poultry Science and Diploma will have the opportunity to get placed overseas under J1 Visa, as Suguna Institute of Poultry Management (SIPM) has a tie-up with GOI under the organisation of NSDC, Programme of Skill India and coordination with Agriculture skill council of India.
- With an aim to skill and give employment to the youth of North East India, the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), Guwahati has been providing training to small and micro enterprises (SMEs).
- In order to train the youth in the areas of AI and Digital Marketing, the YES Foundation has launched a new initiative, future skills training programme in partnership with Friends Union for Energising Lives (FUEL).
- The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) is planning to offer 12 Harvard business school online courses for students in association with the Harvard Business School.
- Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Rajeev Chandrasekhar is keen on promoting the handicraft industry and other traditional industries based on local art and skills.
- MechaniK TV, a skill-tech initiative for automotive technicians is to provide a push to skills upgrades to mechanics by entering into a strategic partnership with the Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC).
- With an aim to create a vibrant learning environment, creativity and experiential learning DY Patil International University, Pune is offering future-proof courses which also helps in tackling the needs of tomorrow.
- Honeywell India is keen on providing technological skills and training in modern technologies that run the industries to 15000 students.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-21092021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.