Apprenticeship updates, project information and other updates from the skilling industry, our weekly round-up on skills, education and training has it all. It will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
On the occasion of Social Media Day 2021, team NSN is organizing a virtual event on ” Effective content strategy for a profitable digital presence” on 30th June 2021 from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Registration link for the webinar- https://forms.gle/Euscs4dCi55RSGSf7
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Southern Railway invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants (in the stream of Freshers, Ex. ITI & Medical Lab Technician) for training in various Divisions for the year 2021-22. Last date- 30th June 2021
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bengaluru is inviting application from I.T.I candidates to undergo Apprenticeship training for the year 2021-22. Last date- 30th June 2021
- NPCIL invites applications in the prescribed format for engagement of Trade Apprentices- Last date- 7th July 2021
- Online applications are invited from interested candidates who have passed the ITI exam from UP or MP based institutes only- Last day- 9th July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- NSDC has collaborated with WhatsApp to launch the Digital Skill Champions Program which aims to train India’s youth on digital skills to make them employment ready. Read more…
- The registrations for India’s first JuniorSkills Championship 2021 has been extended till 30th June 2021. The championship offers competition in 10 skills (vocational courses) and is open to students from class 6th to 12th. Read more…
- AWS’ She Builds platform is skilling women in technology for tomorrow. It is acting as a career development platform that helps women start, pivot, or advance their careers in the industry.
- The Crafts Council of India is providing the ‘kora’ mat weavers of Pattamadai village of Tamil Nadu a month-and-half-long training on how to do business using the internet and smartphones.
- Agra has secured second position at the national level of the India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2020 in the economy category for establishing micro skill development centres and empowering 1350 women.
- The Apprenticeship Act will be amended in the upcoming monsoon session of Parliament to expand its scope, provide inbuilt flexibility, and allow companies to hire more apprentices.
- The government of Punjab has provided employment to 163 youths in the Kapurthala district under the door-to-door employment mission.
- Maharashtra’s new Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2021 will be governed by a seven-member steering committee headed by the chief secretary who will serve as the chairman.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor has signed an MoU with ACMA to provide training on EVs, car painting, mechatronics, automation and robotics.
- DMZ International is helping India’s handmade handloom weavers and artisans by creating an online global market.
- Meesho has collaborated with The/Nudge Foundation to offer an online vocational course called Future Perfect.
- IANT has launched I-Tech with an aim to bridge the skill in the IT industry from the k-12 level.
- TalentSprint has joined hands with IIT Hyderabad to launch the PG Certificate program in Visual Design and User Experience with an aim to build design and UX expertise among professionals.
- Healthians has partnered with DPMI to skill more than 10,000 phlebotomists over the next three year ahead of COVID-19 third wave.
- Under the government’s Digital Village scheme certain villages will be transformed into digitally active, cashless villages, allowing rural residents to conduct most of their daily activities entirely online.
- The overall intake of apprentices across India has seen a significant surge. India’s largest degree apprenticeship program NETAP sees a 35% surge in apprentice hiring.
- CBSE has collaborated with HCSSC to launch a students’ handbook for the skill module on handicrafts for students of classes 6 to 8.
- Zupee has launched a skilling academy known as Zupee Skilling Academy (ZSA) to impart employability skills and promote equal opportunities to the youth of our country.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-22062021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.