Apprenticeship updates, project information and other updates from the skilling industry – our weekly round-up on skills, education and training has it all. It will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
Railway Recruitment Cell, North Central Railway, invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants across the Nation. Last date- 1st October 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Cedefop and the OECD announce the 2021 joint symposium on Apprenticeships for greener economies and societies.
The virtual event will take place on 21-22 October 2021
Preregistration of general participants is now open.
To preregister, please visit: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5dpEwaekTHqHvpb6pw7ROQ
- The Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) has partnered with IG Drones to explore collaboration opportunities in Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) training.
- LnD Pool, a Kochi-based startup, has launched a unique certificate programme in Bancassurance Channel Management to address the skill gap in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sector. The programme is being offered in association with the BFSI Sector Skill Council of India.
- Ministry of Coal has announced to launch Rs3.5cr Skill Development Project. To contribute to the skill development in the domain, Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) will be imparting training in Plastic Engineering to 500 youth living in and around the operational areas of NCL.
- Indian Railways is going to train 2,500 youths in the age group of 18 to 35 years under Rail Skill Development Scheme. The training of youths will be imparted in electrician, welding and fitter trade at Electric Loco Sheds in Angul and Visakhapatnam, Diesel Loco Shed in Visakhapatnam, as well as Carriage Repair Workshop in Mancheswar.
- Several skill-based or job training programmes have been launched to curb unemployment in the country. some organisations have joined hands with institutes to launch these skill programmes and make today’s youth job-ready.
- ASDC has partnered with Hero MotoCorp to bridge the digital skills gap at auto dealerships in the country. The partnership aims to train dealership staff in an apprenticeship model.
- The two-day second edition of State level Odisha Skills Competition-2021 concluded and the valedictory ceremony was held in World Skill Centre. A total number of 397 candidates were selected throughout the State for state-level competition for 41 Skills.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
- AICTE has launched 5 Lakh virtual internships in partnership with the Ministry of Education and EduSkills. The internship will be offered to the students of Engineering colleges and polytechnics and is supported by many industry leaders such as Amazon Web Services, Blue Prism, Red Hat and others.
- DSEU and The/Nudge Foundation will jointly develop courses under a three-year partnership. Content developed by The/Nudge Foundation on English speaking and digital skills will be incorporated into various courses offered at DSEU.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-24082021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.