Here are some News Bytes covering various happenings and updates in the industry, government and other stakeholders in the skilling and VET space. The news and latest happenings could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector. The News Bytes curated and adapted from various sources* with the sole objective of keeping our readers informed about the evolving skills industry in India and how they can be a part of it.
- Management Sector Skill Council (MEPSC) conducted an exclusive job fair in Khurda, Odisha. About 30 companies from across the nation participated in the job fair and employed around 3000 youths in both Management & Private Security Sector.
- Dimapur, Nagaland achieves 100% placement for PMKVY’s first batch of 220 students. The candidates were employed in job roles like F&B Service, Cabin Crews etc
- Model Career Center and Employment Exchange inaugurated in Goa
- MakerMax, a Canadian startup, will expand operations in India by offering skill development and training courses in electric vehicles (EV).
- Kia Motors launches its global CSR program in India through ‘Green Light Project’ a two-week volunteer program in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh where it is setting up its 300,000 units per annum plant. Kia is undertaking a series of projects to support vocational training and education at three educational institutions in the local community.
- Australia looks to invest A$100 billion in India out of which skill development and vocational training are key areas.
- Tamil Nadu ITIs will conduct exams online for 88 government ITIs and 484 private affiliated ITIs.
- GyanDhan to offer skill building vocational courses loans in India based on behavioural scorecards to assess the loan applicant’s willingness to pay.
- Maruti Suzuki to set up India’s first Japan-India Institute for automotive manufacturing Uncha Majra, Gurgaon. The institute will have modern classrooms and latest training tools and equipment, including a mini vehicle assembly line. Industry experts will impart training in eight trades related to automobile manufacturing, maintenance and service. Besides the core curriculum prescribed by NCVT, JIM will groom students in values of safety, quality, discipline, punctuality, Kaizen and other Japanese shop floor practices.
- Punjab Skill Development Mission launches a book on success stories of technical education based on post-skilling stories across the state. In Punjab the Education Board renames vocational courses.
- Nippon Paint announces the launch of Nippon Paint X’press, its flagship automotive body & paint repair centre concept in India
- KKNPP launches skill development programme: The Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) in Tirunelveli district, Monday launched a skill development training programme at nearby Radhapuram to encourage self-employment among locals and enhance their skills in various trades.
*IMPORTANT: These news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will immediately remove the link to your content.