Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone, Quality Council of India and Association of Indian Manufacturers of Medical Devices, joined hands to form the Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium to strengthen the biomedical skill sector in the country.
The government said 229 youths have got jobs through skill development programmes in the current fiscal.
Deputy CM launched 67 skill development centres for imparting four courses in the information technology sector compatible with the market demands to enable proper placement of the candidates.
- The second phase of the PMKVY was launched 2 years ago with a four-year target to impart skills to 4.5 million candidates through training centres of the NSDC. 1.5 million were to be trained but most states are yet to begin the training.
- NASSCOM launched a platform for skills development in eight varied technologies, called FutureSkills starting with Artificial Intelligence.
- Indian Railways will train 30,000 apprentices as part of a ‘Skill India’ initiative at 16 zonal and seven production units, for roles across the Railways.
- NSDC organised a workshop to create awareness among organisations interested in participating in Technical Intern Training Program and contributing to the Skill India mission and improving relations between India and Japan.
- Dassault Systèmes, is extending its “La Fondation Dassault Systèmes”, global initiative to transform education and research in India. It is dedicated to transforming the future of education and research with the learning and discovery capabilities of 3D technology and virtual universes.
- The government is striving to give a boost to the electronics sector manufacturing in India and has developed a comprehensive plan to realize the vision of making the country self- reliant.
- An aviation multi-skill development centre was opened in Chandigarh which will train about 2,400 youth and women in eight aviation job roles over the next three years.
- Minister Abdul Haq apprised about the initiatives taken by the government regarding the training provided to the youth in various skills and the subsequent placements by various project implementation agencies in Jammu.
CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, conducted a two-day interactive workshop on skill development in fisheries and aquaculture.
Badminton coach Pullela Gopichand initiated the country’s largest ‘train the trainers’ programme, inducting 1500 Physical Education teachers from across the state for advanced training.
The CM said the state would soon emerge as a model state in skill development. The focus of the government will be on upgrading the skills of youths and to make them self- reliant so that they will have self-employment opportunities.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, in association with Binod Bihari Mahto Koylanchal University, will launch skill development centres in six colleges at Dhanbad to make students job-ready.
- Vivek Kumar has set up a remarkable 15-acre Centre for Sports Excellence on Bengaluru’s outskirts to boost sports in the country and as a tribute to Rahul Dravid and Prakash Padukone – two of the country’s greatest athletes.
- MRPL Kaushal Vikas Kendra, promoted by Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd, completed training for the second batch of trainees and placement offers were given to all those who were willing to work.
- The Gem Jewellery Export Promotion Council opened a development centre to train students in latest technology and upgrade skills of artisans who are already working in the industry.
- The government signed 11 partnership agreements with private firms and institutions to train 30,000 unemployed youths, on the second day of the Magnetic Maharashtra Summit.
- The government stated that around 8.5 lakh youths have been provided with skill training during the past four years. They have been trained in various industrial training institutes diploma institutes, engineering colleges and skill development centres.
- With the collection of about Rs 4,000 crore under the District Mineral Foundation Trusts the government has decided to set up an Integrated Project Monitoring Unit for its proper utilisation.
Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said in the past 10 months, more than 40,000 youth have got jobs in the state through the job fairs.
- The government is planning to scale up its skill development programme to provide technical vocational training to about 12 lakh rural youth over the next five years.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited, has signed a MoU with Manipal Global Academy of BFSI for a customised general insurance training program. The course is designed to upskill prospective employees with the domain knowledge, develop a broad understanding of the business, products and processes that will help them perform on the job.
- To improve the standards of skill development in construction segment, Hyderabad-based National Academy of Construction signed a Tri-party agreement with Skill Training Assessment Management and UK-based NOCN.
- Two Digital Empowerment Centers for weavers have been set up in Narayanpet by Microsoft India as part of its Citizenship initiative to enable Telangana weavers to continue their ancient craft and earn a sustainable livelihood.
The Police department is launching skill development training for unemployed youths in the state. The initiative, under the PMKVY, will empower youths by upgrading their skills and helping them secure better livelihoods.
Aditya Birla Group Chairman hailed Uttar Pradesh as the company’s key investment destination, with funds allocated to the tune of Rs. 25,000 crore in the next five years as it has a huge pool of human resource and its proximity to the NCR helps the growth of services sector.
To create a job-ready workforce in the state, the government will provide advanced vocational training in the higher secondary schools. In the first phase, about 2,700 higher secondary schools have been selected for the training. This step will ensure that young people will be a lot more employable