Andhra Pradesh: 1. The defence arm of Larsen & Toubro inaugurated a ‘Multi-Skill Training Centre’ at Visakhapatnam, under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. It will train 200 students per batch in skills required for construction of warships and submarines. 2. Naipunya Ratham, a multi-utility vehicle aimed at taking technology and innovation to the remote corners of the State was flagged by the Chief Minister.
Delhi: Monster India and the Indian Naval Placement Agency partner to support the retired and shortly retiring navy veterans, seeking suitable second career opportunities in sectors such as capital goods industries, IT, security space, ITeS, MSMEs, among others.
- NITI Aayog will kick-start a system-wide transformation of school education along with three states — Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Odisha.
- As per a report, Indian organizations allocated a cumulative budget of over Rs. 9,000 crores towards their CSR activities in 2017-18, with education and vocational skill development as most popular segments.
- Samsung India signed an MoU with engineering institute BITS Pilani to facilitate advanced learning for its employees at Samsung R&D Institute Noida.
- The central government has abandoned its plans to set up a national skills university as well as a draft bill that was prepared for this purpose.
- To train more industry oriented professionals and make India more self-reliant in the electronics field Electronics Sector Skills Council of India plans to open 50 new Centres of Excellence across India by end of 2020.
- Niti Aayog and Piramal Foundation today entered into a Statement of Intent to work closely with the District Collectors and Key officers to support the transformation of aspirational districts.
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) collaborates with Delhi government department to provide industry specific job oriented education to students of two Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- Telecom sector to create 10 million jobs in next 5 years since it expects major demand from emerging technologies like machine-to-machine communications, telecom manufacturing, infrastructure and services companies.
- Government approves restructuring of National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), a move it said will strengthen governance, implementation and monitoring framework.
- NITI Aayog partners SAP to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in secondary schools in the States of Delhi/NCR, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana under government’s flagship programme Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
Gujarat: Hyundai Motor India Ltd has inaugurates its 7th Regional Training Centre in Ahmedabad for overall technical and soft skill development of service profile of dealership manpower in Gujarat.
Haryana: 1. Minister of State for Labour and Employment said that skill training would be provided to all registered labourers so as to improve efficiency in their respective trades. 2. Haryana would give monthly pension of Rs 2,000 to differently-abled people from next year and the country’s first Paralympic Bhawan would be build at Faridabad at a cost of Rs 3.11 crore.
Himachal Pradesh: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed $80 million loan to help modernize technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and improve the skills ecosystem in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
Jammu and Kashmir: 1. MSME body Bari Brahmana Industries Association has urged the government extension center of tool room. 2.Jammu and Kashmir Police, for the first time, organizes PMKVY in Srinagar in the first week of April.
Karnataka: 1. Airports Authority of India (AAI) ties up with the Indian Institute of Management (IIM – Bangalore) to enhance the skill-set of its middle-senior level employees identified for succession planning 2. Quest Alliance, released a white paper on the future of jobs and skilling in India, to raise awareness and drive conversation around 21st century skills as well as enable educators to address critical gaps in the quality of education and skills training in the country.
Maharashtra: 1. Council of Education and Development Programmes announces admission to International Hotel Management for students who want to enhance their skills in Hospitality sector through a common entrance exam called as IHM –CET 2018. 2. In 2019-20, new courses will be started at 15 industrial training institutes (ITI) in two districts of Marathwada to provide skilled manpower to the upcoming rail coach factory at Latur. 3.As per the government report, out of 16.2 lakh out-of-school girls across India, 56,936 are from Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh tops the list with more than 5,00,000.
Manipur: A six-week entrepreneurship skill development programme on “Food Processing and preservation of foods and vegetables” concluded in Thoubal District.
Nagaland: Don Bosco Tech AIDA graduates 64 new trainees in the hospitality, beauty industries
Odisha: 1. Leo Burnett will drive Odisha’s campaign to make ‘Skilled in Odisha’ a global brand. 2. The President, Hon’ble Shri Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the permanent campus of Skill Development Institute. He asked the IITians to make use of the Centre’s schemes that encourage innovation and entrepreneurship when setting up ventures of their own. 2.A camp was organized to help the construction workers register their names and get benefits from the government to facilitate their children pursue technical education in Behrampur. 3. As per news report, 57 ‘nano unicorns’ that are small or nano-scale businesses in tailoring, electrical repairing, fast food, plumbing, plastic manufacturing, welding, etc, are run by youth who passed 10th standard and have graduated from an Industrial Training Institute ; others are run by school drop-outs.
Rajasthan: Rajasthan-based RS India—a joint venture between Swiss technology player SRM Technologies AG enters into medical devices manufacturing as it started its latest Swiss precision and assembly plant investing Rs.300-crore.
Tamil Nadu: 1. German President visits Daimler plant near Chennai and gets insights into truck production and the company’s vocational training programmes inspired by the German model. 2. BMW Group joins Skill Development Mission by launching Skill Next, a unique technical skilling initiative under which the company will provide 365 BMW Engines and Transmissions to various engineering colleges and technical institutes across every state and Union Territory of India.
Telangana: IBM ties up with Imarticus to launch AI-oriented courses to train workforce in Data Science, Big Data, and Deep Learning through industry-aligned curriculum
West Bengal: Two degree colleges coming up in the Siliguri sub-division will open to students from the upcoming academic session. Two Industrial Training Institutes will also be opened in rural areas, in July this year.