AICTE approves Haryana Technical Education Department’s proposal for starting diploma in vocational training in association with industry partners in 5 government polytechnics.
- Flagship apprenticeship programme, the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) will be executed in the public-private partnership to make it successful.
- Indian Ambassador to UAE Navdeep Singh Suri stated they are working on skill mapping programme to map the demands of the UAE job market with the skill development programmes in India.
- The first pure skill university which has introduced ‘Swiss Dual’ system of education in India, Bhartiya Skill Development University (BSDU) Jaipur received the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Acclamation for Internationalisation of India’s Education 2018 for best Vocational Education University in India.
- Ministry of Environment launches a skilling programme to train 5.5 lakh green skilled workers in environment and forest sectors in the country through 30 courses by 2021.
Jamshedpur Women’s College collaborates with Jharkhand Khadi and Village Industries Board to teach sewing and tailoring skills to students for making them industry ready.
Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence (KASE) plans to bring out a directory of skilled workers for effective management of skilled workforce.
Quest Alliance and J.P. Morgan Launch Advanced Skills Program for ITI and Polytechnic Students by providing advanced skill courses to 5000 youth
Jammu and Kashmir
A two-day skill conclave aimed at engaging different stakeholders in skill building, entrepreneurship and grassroots innovations was conducted at Srinagar.
CRISP-Jaquar ‘Plumbing Training Centre’ was inaugurated by Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan at Bhopal.
- As a part of government of India initiative, Salesforce partners with ICT Academy to deliver new skills and learning for over 200 institutes, reaching more than 100,000 students in a year
- Amazon Web Services plans to train thousands of students and professionals in cloud technologies to drive AWS adoption in India.
- The government has embarked on a plan to convert MCVC (minimum competency vocational course) institutes into Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs). There are 990 MCVC institutes in Maharashtra, with nearly 40 of them in Mumbai.
- Pune based Yashaswi Academy will offer skill-based training to 1 lakh youth every year in Madhya Pradesh along with counselling and guidance for the unemployed youth.
- 89 participants attend the workshop conducted by Punjab Agricultural Management and Extension Training Institute (PAMETI), in collaboration with Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI), the Department of Agriculture, PAU and Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animals Sciences University (GADVASU).
- Union food processing industry minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra at Barnala to offer free training to tenth pass and above 18 years.
23 schools in Coimbatore to introduce vocational training in Class IX as a pilot project by selecting 670 government schools.
- MSME industrial park at Yadadri-Bhongir is being developed jointly by Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSIIC) and Telangana Industrialists Federation (TIF).
- Based on an agreement between Hyderabad Police and UNDP under the Disha project, the UNDP skill center will be set up to skill women.