To discuss ways for effective implementation of initiatives announced in the Budget, MSDE and the Ministry of Education, along with other ministries, is organising a session in Skill India webinar themed ‘Towards Fostering Stronger Industry-Skill Linkage,’ on Monday, February 21, 2022 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
The Union Budget 2022 rightly focused on expanding reach, improving quality education and strengthening the digital skill ecosystem for the education and skilling sector.
Date: February 21, 2022
Subject: Skill India webinar on Towards Fostering Stronger Industry-Skill Linkage
To join the session please https://youtu.be/RAk0cgw8itY
The session is a part of a series of seminars being inaugurated by Honourable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. He will be addressing the first webinar themed on ‘Digital University: Making World Class Higher Education Accessible for All’.
Strengthening the skill ecosystem by enhancing digital skills will be discussed in the session. The panelists will share their views on the recent announcements made by our finance minister in the Budget 2022 including deliberations on DESH e-stack portal that aims to empower citizens to skill, reskill or upskill themselves through digital training.
The session will also cover aspects of successful implementation of NSQF targeted to fulfill the dynamic industry needs and training through Drone Shakti scheme.
The facets related to the PM Gati Shakti programme will also be discussed during the discourse.
Members of the webinar
The Skill India webinar will be co-chaired by Mr. Arvind Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary, MSDE, and Mr. Anurag Jain, Secretary, DPIIT.
The panelists for the session are Mr. N.S Kalsi, Chairman, NCVET; Mr. Amber Dubey, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation and Mr. Manish Sabharwal, Vice Chairman, Teamlease Services.
The session will be moderated by Mr. Ved Mani Tiwari, COO, NSDC.
The participants of the webinar
- Col Pankaj Fotedar, COO, Geokno
- Shankar Goenka, Managing Director of WOW Factors India
- Rachit Bhatnagar, CEO – Aerospace and Aviation SSC
- Capt Gaurav Nath, CEO ClearSkies Aviation OPC Pvt Ltd
- Smit Shah, Director of Partnerships, Drone Federation of India
- Sujith Nair, Beckn Foundation
- Anand Gautam, EkStep Foundation
- Sujeet Suryawanshi, Protean eGov Technologies Limited
- Abhay Karandikar, Director, IIT Kanpur
- Satender Arya, CEO – Agriculture Skill Council of India
To stay updated regarding the recent happenings in the skilling ecosystem, please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/category/news/newsdigest/
Ministries and Departments attending the webinar
- The Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Department of School Education and Literacy
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
- Department of Telecom
- Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N)
- Ministry of Tourism
- Department of Economic Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
This webinar will showcase the importance of digital skills in today’s era and discuss empowering the youth towards the skilling ecosystem.