Society for Electronic Transactions and Security (SETS) is launching a 4-week full-time training program in Advanced Cyber Security from 11th November 2019 to 6th December 2019 at their premises in Chennai. The Certification course is aimed at developing quality manpower in various domains related to Cyber Security to address the growing need for professionals in this domain.
SETS Certificate on Advanced Cyber Security (SCACS) will develop skill sets among working professionals, teaching faculty, researchers, engineering graduates/ post graduates in sciences and engineering.
SETS Certificate on Advanced Cyber Security (SCACS): Course Objectives
- The course is designed to provide in-depth exposure to Cyber Security technologies and tools and to train the candidates to secure network and systems from the ever-widening cyber-attack surface. It provides an insight on challenges faced in securing real world network systems and defence mechanisms.
- The course prepares one to get oriented towards building a career in Cyber Security domain and it would be highly beneficial to the unemployed graduates with prerequisites to gain employable skills development. Also, candidates get acquainted with the use of latest tools to prevent attacks, identify anomalies and safeguard networks with various techniques and solutions.
Key features of the SCACS course
The SCACS certification ensures mastering of the latest cyber security concepts and acquire good knowledge to detect and prevent security breaches.
- Exposure to recent technology trends in the domain of Cyber Security
- Hands-on experience in Cyber Security tools and get trained to focus on using top notch open source security software
- Experienced Faculty with rich R&D background
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and labs
- Exposure to latest technologies such as Blockchain and AI with its applicability to security domains
- Prepares one to get oriented towards building a career in Cyber Security domain
- Good opportunity for participants of SCACS to be industry ready and improve the employability skills of the hour.
- Two weeks project to explore and enhance the knowledge gained on various topics taught during the course
Opening date of online application 24.08.2019
Last date for applying online 27.09.2019
Announcement of selected candidates 04.10.2019
Last Date for Payment of course fee 25.10.2019
Course Commencement Date 11.11.2019
Course completion date 06.12.2019
Module 1: Cyber Security Essentials: Networking Concepts, Cryptography-concepts and their application, Linux file systems and scripting, Secure C Programming, Python for Security, Hardening Linux Operating System,Cyber Security Standards & Best Practices
Module 2: Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI): Symmetric Key Cryptography, Public Key Cryptography, Digital Certificates, Secure protocol used in WWW
Module 3: Network Security: Networking protocols and Packet Analysis ➢ Overview of Perimeter Security and its implementation – Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) ,Virtual Private Network (VPN), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), IoT security
Module 4: Ethical Hacking
Information Gathering, Enumeration & Scanning, Exploitation, Post Exploitation, Capture The Flag (CTF) – Event
Module 5: Advanced Topics in Cyber Security
Blockchain concepts, Exposure to Multichain & Hyperledger Platforms, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning for Cyber Security, Web Application Security, Mobile Security, Hardware Security, Cyber Security in the era of Quantum Computing
Module 6: Project work
Project work on selected topics during the last two weeks of the course.
Eligibility to apply for SCACS course
• Candidates who completed their Engineering (BE/ B.Tech or Higher Qualification) in the streams of ECE/ CSE/ EEE/ EIE/ IT/ and MCA, M.Sc (Electronics, Computer science, Information Science, IT)
• Diploma / Science graduates with exposure to programming and cyber security.
• Unemployed graduates looking to improve their employability skills.
• Working professionals who are keen on developing/ enhancing their cyber security skills.
The candidates should have basic knowledge of Electronics, Networking, Operating Systems, Programming and Cyber Security concepts.
Selection of candidates
Selection of candidates will be based on their academic records and the assessment made by the Academic Committee of SETS
Continuous evaluation in the form of objective & subjective type exams and lab tests will be conducted. Certification is awarded for the candidates who secure minimum of 50% marks in each module
Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday from 9.30AM to 5.00 PM) with equal emphasis on theory and practicals
How to apply
Eligible candidates are required to apply online through prescribed application format available on SETS website (www.setsindia.in/SCACS).
Selected candidates have to pay Rs. 25,000 + 4500 (GST) = Rs. 29500/- through Demand Draft/ NEFT in favour of SETS payable at Chennai on or before the last date for payment of course fee.
A/C Name : SETS-NET, Chennai SB A/C No : 6312902297 Bank Name : Indian Bank Branch : LB Road IFSC : IDIB000L006 GST IN : 33AACTS6338P1ZY
Society for Electronic Transactions and Security (SETS) (Under the O/o Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India) MGR Knowledge City, CIT campus Taramani, Chennai-600113 (Near Ramanujan IT city Exit Gate No.3)
Limited on-campus accommodation on payment will be available on first come first serve basis
Contact details for enquiries
SCACS Coordinator Society for Electronic Transactions and Security (SETS) (Under the O/o Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India) MGR Knowledge City, CIT campus Taramani, Chennai – 600113 Tel : 044-66632518/ 044-66632524 E-mail : email@example.com
You may also be interested in the National Workshop on “Cyber Security for Critical Infrastructure” (CSCI) – 27th & 28th, September, 2019 – To know more visit: https://setsindia.in/csci