When you hear the phrase Learn and Earn, what is the first thing that springs to mind? Do you start wondering how can one learn and earn at the same time? Are you wondering whether it would affect your studies?
Well, learn and earn programmes have been making several students employable soon after their graduation. Especially, to cater to the demand for skilled workforce in the manufacturing industry, many courses are available in this format.
What is Learn and Earn programme?
Learn and Earn programmes are work-integrated industry-aligned courses that are specially designed to provide students with the freedom of earning and learning at the same time. These courses assist in bridging the gap between industry and the youth by developing a consistent pool of skilled workforce. Students are provided with a reasonable monthly stipend to help with living expenses, and they are not required to pay any fees until the programme is completed.
In case you want to build a career in the manufacturing industry and acquire a job directly after you finish your graduation, then the NTTF Learn and Earn programme is the best choice for you. The programme not only makes you highly employable in the manufacturing sector but also helps you start earning while you are still pursuing your diploma.
Now, for some key facts about the manufacturing sector in India
India’s manufacturing sector has the potential to reach $1 trillion by 2025 and to contribute more than $500 billion to the global economy annually by 2030. Under the PLI scheme, India’s manufacturing industry is estimated to attract Rs 34,090 crore investment by 2025.
The government intends to create 100 million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2022. With the growing demand, the largest contributor to the Indian economy is in desperate need of skilled workers, given the numerous openings. And the Learn and Earn programme allows you to build the right skill set and makes you highly employable.
What is unique about NTTF Learn and Earn programme
Learn and Earn is an innovative and industry popular programme that aims to bridge the industry-academia gap with industry-relevant courses through on-the-job training (OJT).
For Class 12/ PUC certified students, the Three-year Diploma Programme in Manufacturing Technology provides a monthly stipend as well as other perks such as on-the-job training and classroom sessions that lead to an NTTF diploma. This is a hybrid model that combines classroom, practical, and shop floor training. Self-development and behavioural training are also part of the programme.
The work-integrated training programme is delivered at the industry’s plant facility through the blended model of on-the-job training and theory sessions, leading to Three-year Diploma Certification. The model is benchmarked with Germany’s Dual Vocational Education and Training System (Dual VET).
Top 5 reasons to enrol in NTTF Learn and Earn programme
The Learn and Earn programme, offered under the Dual Vocational Educational Model, is designed in such a way that it is extremely beneficial for you as well as caters to the needs of the industry.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should consider the programme from NTTF,
- Hands-on industry exposure – You will have meaningful industry experience and career exposure through the programme which has become extremely crucial for steady career growth in today’s world.
- An opportunity to earn while learning- An opportunity to start earning while you are still doing your courses makes this programme extremely beneficial to fulfill your dream of earning and completing your studies. You will get free training with a stipend of Rs 12,000/- per month and insurance coverage which will help you financially and will keep you motivated to complete the diploma programme.
- Industry-aligned courses to make you employable- The course curriculum is developed by the industry in such a way that it will enhance your employability by providing you with much needed hands-on practical training. The infrastructure, training costs, and curriculum are tailored to the needs of the industry and are regularly updated to reflect changing industry trends.
- An opportunity to contribute to the plant’s production activities – During the on-the-job training (OJT) period, you will get an opportunity to contribute to the plant’s production activities besides undergoing the theory classes weekly once at the plant.
- Placement assistance from NTTF– NTTF provides placement assistance at the end of the programme. it also provides you with academic qualifications and a completion certification by NTTF. You will be able to choose the industry of your choice after the completion of the programme.
While the demand for skilled manpower in the manufacturing industry is increasing, there’s still a huge skill gap that needs to be addressed. If you are looking to build a career in the industry, then learning the right skill set and becoming industry-ready should be your first step and Learn and Earn programme will ensure your industry readiness and makes you highly employable.
Are you ready to start your journey towards earning and building a career in the manufacturing industry?