Apprenticeships help industries and organisations to train and develop highly skilled employees. Apart from providing several benefits to the employees, apprenticeship also helps the organisations to increase and improve productivity. United Kingdom (UK) and India are jointly organising a webinar on the findings and recommendations of a study on ‘Productivity Benefits of Apprenticeship Training in India’.
The webinar will be conducted on 28th May 2020 from 11:30-13:00 Hours.
The study was commissioned by DFID India and carried out by Dalberg Advisors in December 2019. The study was conducted under the Skills for Jobs programme to understand key costs and benefits associated with apprenticeship training in India such as:
- What are the benefits that employers derive from apprenticeship and what are some of the best practices of employers engaging apprentices?
- What key barriers do employers face in operating and scaling apprenticeships?
- What can government and other ecosystem stakeholders do to further unlock the value of apprenticeships which encourage employers to scale up?
Webinar on Productivity benefits of Apprenticeship Training in India
Keynote Speaker –
Ms. Sunita Sanghi, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
Schedule of the webinar-
- Introduction by
- Surajit Roy, Senior Head Apprenticeship, NSDC
- Anu Gupta, Head of Skills and Education, DFID India
- Presentation by Dalberg Advisors on findings and recommendations
- Remarks by Keynote Speaker, Ms. Sunita Sanghi, Senior Advisor, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Remarks by Mr. Manish Kumar, CEO NSDC (TBC)
- Open house discussion moderated by DFID
Related Article: How to make apprenticeships more attractive to enterprises and SMEs – Read More: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/how-to-make-apprenticeships-more-attractive-to-enterprises-and-smes/
Who should attend?
Stakeholders from the government, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Industry, and training providers.
Join the webinar here –
Microsoft Teams (Meeting Link); Conference ID: 789 567 421#