In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on the third NEP 2020 orientation workshop for colleges, universities, and training organizations along with NTTF’s involvement in the WorldSkills Asia event in Abu Dhabi. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- The Ministry of Education and IIT Kanpur introduced SATHEE, an innovative online education platform, to assist students in preparing for competitive exams.
- Hon’ble Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, inaugurated the construction of National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) Plus. This initiative aims to improve the quality and accessibility of skill training and vocational education at the regional level. Read more…
- The government’s ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative aims to deliver skill training directly to rural communities, focusing on foundational digital skills for rural youth, especially women.
- As part of the ‘PM Vishwakarma’ scheme, 26 skilled artisans and craftsmen were honoured during the ‘Sammaan Samaroh of Vishwakarma Gurus.’ These individuals will serve as ambassadors for the scheme, transitioning into roles as Master Trainers and Trainers in their respective trades.
NTTF at the WorldSkills Asia Abu Dhabi 2023 competition
Participants from various disciplines, including Electronics, Mechanical Engineering CAD, Web Technology, IT Network System Administration, and IT Software Solutions for Business at NTTF, are currently engaged in the ongoing WorldSkills Asia in Abu Dhabi 2023. The team underwent specialized training led by experts in their respective fields in preparation for the competition. The WorldSkills Asia event commenced on the 27th and is scheduled to continue until the 29th of November 2023.
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC organized impactful Business Matchmaking Seminars in Osaka and Tokyo, providing a platform to showcase the potential of Indian candidates in the global job market.
- AIIMS Delhi and the Healthcare Sector Skill Council have signed an MoU to enhance the skills of healthcare professionals.
- NSDC and Gokhale Institute have joined forces to support MSMEs, fostering job creation and increased household income.
- Delhi Discom TPDDL partnered with the Power Sector Skill Council for skill development training and capacity-building in the power distribution sector.
- KCB’s free skill development courses under PMKVY have attracted at least 100 underprivileged students aged between 15 and 45 years.
- AWS India’s ‘AI Ready’ initiative aims to democratize AI education by providing free training to two million individuals by 2025.
Skill development news from the academia
- UGC is set to revise the UGC NET syllabus in light of changes in higher education due to the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- IIT Delhi and the state department of technical education have established centers of excellence in AI, IoT, blockchain, and computer vision for student training.
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing the third batch of our online interactive workshop “NEP 2020 Orientation for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations” on December 16th, 2023.
- Date: December 16th, 2023
- Time: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Participant fee: Rs. 750/-
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-workshop/
To know more about the workshop, click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-for-colleges-universities-and-training-organizations-an-online-interactive-workshop/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: Over the last two and a half years, 8756 militants have been reintegrated into mainstream society under the central government’s Surrender-cum-Rehabilitation Scheme and the Assam government’s Swavalamban Scheme.
- Gujarat: HCCB, in collaboration with Kaushalya University, plans to train 5,000 individuals in sales and marketing across Ahmedabad and Kheda districts.
- Kerala: ASAP Kerala and dSPACE have formed a strategic partnership to provide jobs for skilled youth in Kerala.
- Odisha: The L&T Skill Training Hub in Pahadpur, Mayurbhanj, Odisha, achieved a significant milestone with its inauguration. It aims to empower underprivileged youth through construction skills training, promoting self-reliance.
- Tamil Nadu: The Tamil Nadu government is launching a scheme with public and private entities to offer short-term skill training for unemployed youth in specific sectors.
- Telangana: The Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) launched three outreach and skilling programs to foster creativity, media literacy, and skill development.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.