Immutability is the property of something that cannot change.
The word ‘immutability’ is often associated with blockchain. As one of the technical qualities that blockchain possesses – an immutable database; helping companies and creators use blockchain technology to protect their ideas from being taken or manipulated from others.
At Certif-ID, we use blockchain technology to protect certificates issued by training and educational institutions. Therefore, ensuring that the digital certificates can be “trusted forever.”
The Certif-ID platform is powered by blockchain technology and can be accessed by any organisation to issue their certificates digitally. The following are the three simple steps by which institutions can issue a digital certificate:
- Sign up to Certif-ID and fill out all the profile details with necessary information
- Integrate learning management system (LMS) or add in recipient and course information
- Instead of paper certificates issue digital certificates directly into learner email IDs
The whole certificate issuance process is simple and happens on a blockchain network, which is immutable by design and cannot be altered or tampered with in any way.
Digital certificates anchored in Blockchain
We used blockchain technology to assure data immutability for educational certificates. The decentralised system of blockchain shares the certificate (record or data) across a network of computers, forming a digital ledger of information that is permanent and tamper-proof.
Digital certificates issued via Certif-ID look like PDFs but are different. They have a QR code and verifiable link which can be scanned and clicked on to verify its authenticity immediately.
Advantages of issuing blockchain-powered digital certificates
- Improved transparency: You can assign multiple admins who can remotely access the Certif-ID platform and award students with digital certificates. Digital certificates once sent, cannot be modified by any third party; only the issuing institute can revoke and reissue a certificate.
- Reduced transaction costs: Through Certif-ID, institutes can contactlessly issue digital certificates. Eliminate third parties, reduce operational time and logistics cost involved in printing and distributing paper-based certificates that can take days and weeks to verify and dispatch.
- Heightened data security: Certif-ID’s analytics dashboard shows all certification information in one place. You can see who has issued certificates, to how many recipients, on which day, and at what time – making all transactions on it traceable and transparent.
- Easy verification of certificates: Anyone with access to a certificate can verify it within a few minutes. This reduces time spent in background checks, and also facilitates granular verification of credentials. Also, you can rest assured when your students share their certificates online knowing that counterfeiters cannot replicate them.
Also read: Amplify your training outcomes with blockchain digital certificates https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/amplify-your-training-outcomes-with-blockchain-digital-certificates/
Our role in this digital certificate revolution
Through Certif-ID’s blockchain-powered platform we are enabling easy certification and verification of documents. And, we are urging organisations to begin issuing digital versions of any document on blockchain. This would make them safer, verifiable and traceable, establishing a solid way to combat rising paper document fraud and corruption.
If you would like to know more,schedule an exclusive meeting with us. We would love to show you the platform and explain the process in more depth!