BridgeNow Academy, an Umlaut initiative has partnered Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) to mobilize and counsel unemployed engineers from different Government and private engineering colleges for jobs in the Aerospace Sector.
In Telangana, BridgeNow Academy is already implementing placement linked skill development training through its association with Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (MEPMA) and Telangana Scheduled Castes Co-operative Development Corporation Limited (TSCCDC).
Through this partnership, TASK will support BridgeNow Academy to connect with its network of engineering colleges and faculty members in Telangana to reach out to final year engineering college students for an orientation program that will broadly cover:
- A detailed overview of the global and Indian aerospace sector
- Available and emerging career opportunities in the aerospace sector in India
- Paid and government-funded training program being conducted by BridgeNow academy
- Screening, shortlisting and enrolment of candidates to programs being offered by BridgeNow academy
- Internship and on-the-job training opportunities
- Overview of BridgeNow academy selection process and supporting students prepare for the selection test
In addition to the above, BridgeNow Academy and TASK will jointly conduct language, soft skill, and interpersonal skills training for the selected candidates and also assist them in relocation from Telangana to Bengaluru for training and employment.
BridgeNow Academy, an Umlaut initiative, has designed a wide range of training programs for fresh Engineering graduates, corporate employees, government employees and defense veterans to prepare them for suitable jobs in the Aerospace Sector. These skill-based courses are also offered through CSR initiatives and central and state government-sponsored skill development projects for underprivileged sections of the society.
Related article: BridgeNow Academy and Telangana SC Development Corporation (TSCCDC) partner to offer placement linked training in the Aerospace sector – Read more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/bridgenow-academy-and-telangana-sc-development-corporation-partner-to-offer-placement-linked-training-in-the-aerospace-sector/
The industry-integrated training programs, in key engineering skills, bridge the skill gap between academic qualifications and industry requirements by making engineering students employable. These courses provide the aerospace industry with:
- Customized training designed and delivered by best aviation experts
- Practical exposure to the industry work environment
- Platform to connect with potential employers (customers)
- A pool of trained engineers to meet customer growth and ramp-up needs
- Reduce customer investment in recruitment and induction
- Access to shortlisted and trained candidates as per industry needs
How BridgeNow Academy and TASK partnership works
The MoU between BridgeNow Academy and TASK will mobilize unemployed youth from Engineering background for their projects in skilling them. After the training, the candidates will be assisted in finding a job with the parent organization Umlaut or with any other organization with whom we are associated with in Aerospace sector.
BridgeNow will aggregate jobs in advance from the industries with whom they have a tie-up for placement of the trained youth. The BridgeNow Academy will also train them as per the industry-integrated syllabus that has been designed by their L&D and training department. They also conduct industrial visits, train candidates on communication skills, soft skills, and behavioral skills.
TASK has been supporting BridgeNow by conducting selection drives in various districts of Telangana like Warangal, Khammam, etc. They have selected around 100 candidates with the support from TASK team and all the candidates are undergoing training in their academy in Bengaluru. They are currently working on the mobilization for below mentioned three courses in association with TASK:
- Aerostructure Design
- Aerospace Technical Publication
BridgeNow Academy has already placed 15 Scheduled Caste candidates, who started their training in the 6 months course in Aerostructure Design after they all successfully completed their training and OJT.