Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023. The competition aims to create awareness about the growing importance of skills in today’s world.
The competition will bring together participants from eight Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka.
CEMCA Skillfest 2023 provides you with a global platform to showcase your skills through a short video of 5 minutes to the world and get recognition at the international level.
The content generated from the Skillsfest will be included in the CEMCA’s Open Educational Resources (OER) repository for TVET.
List of industry sectors/ trades/ skills for the CEMCA Skillfest 2023
Here is the list of 10 categories you can participate in and submit your entries. Each category has a number of skills for you to choose from.
- Agriculture – Organic Farming, Horticulture – Gardening, florist, landscaping and floriculture
- Beauty and wellness – Hair styling and haircut, nail art/makeup, beauty therapy – makeup (bridal makeup)
- Fashion and apparel– Garment making, embroidery and fabric cutting skills
- Food processing– Jam making, Food preservation and packaging and Cold storage
- Green jobs– Renewable energy – Solar panel, Rain water harvesting and Pollution prevention
- Handicrafts– Papier mache, wood crafts and pottery
- Handloom and weaving– Handloom weaving, charkha weaving and textile printing
- Media and entertainment– Document design, video/film making and radio talent
- Welding– Arc welding and tig welding
- Woodwork and carpentry– Modular furniture, bamboo furniture and wood furniture
- Registration start date – 23rd Jan 2023
- Last date to register – 28th February 2023
To register for the competition, please visit the CEMCA Skillfest website.
Here is what you should know about participating in the CEMCA Skillfest 2023,
Before you get started with your video, please watch the dos and don’ts video on how to shoot n submit the video. You can find the dos and don’ts video on the CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
- You can participate in the competition if you are between the ages of 11 and 65.
- You have the option of participating alone or in a team of no more than three people.
- You are required to share any identity proof to verify your nationality along with your video. Participants from India, for example, can share the details of their Aadhaar card as proof of identity. This is done to keep imposters at bay and to validate the personal information provided in the video.
- If you are submitting the video in your regional language, then your video should have English subtitles.
- If your video wins in the competition, then you will receive awards and certificates from CEMCA in collaboration with NSN and it will be included in CEMCA’s Open Educational Resources (OER) repository.
You must follow the timelines for the video submission as no late entries will be accepted. Before submitting the video, please read all the instructions on the CEMCA Skillfest website carefully to avoid disqualification. If you have any queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Leave a Reply