It is always crucial to stay updated on the industry, academia, government and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Our newsbytes on skill development ensure that you are aware of all the happenings around the skilling ecosystem. The snippets of information could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- MSDE felicitated 25 women nano entrepreneurs in the capital on the occasion of International Women’s Day. Read more…
- L&T’s Skill Trainers Academy (STA) was inaugurated by Mr Mahendra Nath Pandey, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship which aims to develop 1,500 skilled trainers every year. Read more…
- Nearly 58 per cent of the companies in India have expressed their intent to hire more apprentices in the first half of 2021.
- Gamma Skills has launched a weekend program on Robotics, Automation and IoT hands-on training and certification for working professionals.
- Several private ITI colleges in Rajasthan have been ordered to shut for not complying with NITI Aayog’s standards.
- Thermax Foundation (TF) has collaborated with TVS Educational Society to launch a skill development program called Pragati.
- Home services marketplace Urban Company aims to onboard over 20,000 professionals on its platform this year to meet the strong growth in demand for various services posts the lockdown.
- Godrej and Boyce have announced the inauguration of its 29th Excellence Centre for technical training in Goa.
- Google Inc. has started enrolments for its latest Google Career Certificates in data analytics, project management and user experience (UX) design.
- The Retailers Association of India (RAI) recently concluded the first edition of the Retail Learning and Development Summit 2021 which was designed around the theme Reimagining Talent Transformation for the future of Retail.
- CBSE has launched an artificial intelligence platform for students where they can brush up their AI skills for the future.
- Samsung India has inaugurated a Samsung Innovation Lab at Delhi Technological University (DTU) under the Samsung Innovation Campus initiative.
- A mega Job Mela was today held at ITI Anantnag wherein various private companies offered to counsel the job aspirants and also conducted an on-spot placement drive.
Skill development news from the states
TalentSprint, in collaboration with Google, has launched the third cohort of the Women Engineers (WE) program. Registrations for the program are now open. Last date to apply- 21st March 2021. To know more please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/registrations-for-we-program-by-talentsprint-and-google-open-now/
Top headlines of the week
- Chhattisgarh- The government of Chhattisgarh has collaborated with the India Center Foundation (ICF) for the all-round development of the state through an alternative development model.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology have started a 25-day skill development program for educated youth.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Jammu and Kashmir has launched a Super-75 scholarship scheme to support the education of talented girls from poor families.
- Nagaland- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, two women entrepreneurs from Nagaland were given citations from the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship for professionalism.
- Odisha- The government of Odisha has announced to waive hostel fees of engineering and polytechnic students from the period of April 2020 to December 2020.
- Tamil Nadu- Nippon Paint (India) Private Limited has launched a first-of-its-kind Painting and Decorating Skills Competition for talented painters reside in Chennai.
- Tamil Nadu- Tamil Nadu Apex Skill Development Center for Logistics (TNASDCL) has collaborated with Invigo Software Pvt. Ltd. (VIZRU) and Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC) to impart skill training to several thousands of students.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-09032021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply