Our weekly newsbytes will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development newsbytes could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- TeamLease EdTech has launched Apprenticeship Embedded Degree Programs (AEDP) for students looking forward to pursuing industry-focused bachelor degrees. Read more…
- States like Odisha and Meghalaya aim to promote adoption, adaption, research and development through their Electric Vehicle policy.
- Delhi based start-up i2e1 (Information to everyone), curates India’s first digital livelihood focused skill development initiative, impacting 50,000 small businesses in partnership with B-ABLE.
- IT firms are recruiting more Flexi staff as they rush to meet the growing need for people with digital skills for short-term projects.
- YuWaah has collaborated with UNICEF to provide 21st-century skills to young people through A chat-based platform, funDoo on WhatsApp and Facebook Messanger.
- Indian students from Skill-Lync has successfully built an electric vehicle skeleton in record time.
- The Indian biotech industry needs to be in closer collaboration with academia to drive innovation in the sector.
- A parliamentary panel asked the government to ensure that the people trained in a particular skill under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) should get employment in the same or similar areas.
- STT Global Data Centres India (STT GDC India) has unveiled an Experience Centre in collaboration with Schneider Electric India Foundation (SEIF).
- Pearson has collaborated with UK India Business Council (UKIBC) to host a virtual roundtable session on “The Changing World Of Work In India”.
- Standard Chartered has partnered with Microsoft and DSCI to place 18 young women professionals from Tier II and Tier III cities in India in cybersecurity roles as part of the CyberShikshaa program.
- As many as 328 large companies have pumped in Rs 1,653 crore towards 775 skilling and training projects through their corporate social responsibility efforts during 2015-20.
- The students of government ITIs are being given the benefit of reimbursement of training fees up to Rs. 28,800.
- With the aim, of imparting skill-based training to rural youth, ICAR-KVK Anjaw concluded a 6 days skill training for rural youth (STRY) on Poultry rearing and management at Metengliang circle.
Skill development news from the states
- Karnataka- The Indian Rubber Institute (IRI) has established the Centre for Excellence for Rubber Technology, Education, Training, Research, Testing and Skill Development on the JSS Science and Technology University campus in Mysore.
- Odisha- JSPL Foundation awarded 60 rural women for becoming community role models for their entrepreneurship skills.
- Odisha- ITI Berhampur is awarded Gold Medal at 72nd SKOCH summit for developing innovative products to fight Covid.
- Tamil Nadu- AISECT has partnered With Samagra Shiksha Tamil Nadu To Impart Vocational Education In 46 Additional Schools.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.