The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has recently released a Request For Proposal (RFP) for the empanelment of Sending Organizations in India for the Technical Intern Training Program (TITP) Phase 5.
This is a great opportunity for organizations interested in becoming a Sending Organization. They are invited to participate in RFP as released by the NSDC.
Sending Organization for TITP
Sending Organizations play a crucial role in implementing TITP. They enrol and train youth who are keen on improving technical skill sets through the TITP in Japan and India.
The Sending Organizations select candidates who meet the eligibility criteria as per the requirements of TITP. The selected candidates are trained in the Japanese language, culture, and business etiquette before they are sent for the internship.
It is necessary for Sending Organizations to prepare the candidates with the requisite training to meet the needs of Japanese businesses.
Download the Request for Proposal (RFP) for TITP Phase 5 – https://nsdcindia.org/sending-organization
About Technical Intern Training Program (TITP)
As per the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) signed by the governments of India and Japan on October 17, 2017, TITP expands the bilateral cooperation between India and Japan in the skill development sector. Through on-the-job training, TITP promotes international cooperation through the transfer of skills, techniques and knowledge gained by the technical interns to developing nations.
Key Elements of Technical Intern Training Program (TITP)
- Latest numbers – As of August 2022, 424 Indian interns were sent to Japan under various sectors like agriculture, textile, automobile, manufacturing, and construction, among others.
- Period of Training – Trained individuals are sent to Japan for ‘internship’ for three to five years
- Job Categories – As of March 2021, 84 job categories and 156 operations are provided under TITP through which a candidate can participate.
- Role of Sending Organizations – Candidates are required to be trained by the Sending Organizations in the Japanese language, Japanese lifestyle orientation and business etiquette and relevant domain training
Also read: Skill India mission felicitates the first batch of interns for Technical Intern Training Programme (TITP) in Japan – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/skill-india-interns-titp-japan/
Benefits of Technical Intern Training Program (TITP)
- Attractive compensation
- Health insurance in Japan
- Welfare pension after completing training in Japan
- Probability to work as a Specified Skilled Worker (SSW) in Japan after completing three years of TITP
- Exposure to an international work environment in a developed country
- Better work prospects on return to India
- Opportunity to learn a foreign language (Japanese) for increased employability
More about TITP from NSN Archives
India – Japan strengthen cooperation in skill development, which will bring scale and speed to TITP – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/india-japan-strengthen-cooperation-in-skill-development-will-bring-scale-and-speed-to-titp/
IL&FS Skills participates in Technical Intern Training Programme (TITP) – A Bilateral Cooperation Between India and Japan (IL&FS is now Learnet Skills) – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ilfs-skills-titp/
Skill India sends the first batch of Care Workers under TITP to Japan – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/care-workers-titp-to-japan/
New Country, New Job: A tete-a-tete with TITP Candidates at IL&FS Skills (IL&FS is now Learnet Skills) – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/new-country-new-job-in-tete-a-tete-with-titp-candidates-at-ilfs-skills/