NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- With specialized training projects for women in non-traditional jobs and reskilling and upskilling programs for individuals who lost their jobs due to Covid-19 and tribals, MSDE will likely launch a new version of its flagship skilling program which is PMKVY 4.0 in November 2022.
- In order to connect skilled Indian youth with market prospects in Australia, NSDC International (NSDCI) and Perdaman formed a partnership. This collaboration will provide a pathway to Australia for skilled Indian youth.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan signs an MoU with FIFA and AIFF to launch the Football4Schools program in India, which aims to promote football while simultaneously providing young learners with valuable life skills.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the industry
- To upskill 90% of automation developers with skill sets in Intelligent Automation and Intelligent Document Processing, Botminds Inc. launched the Botminds Developers Certification Program for members of its community.
- According to the World Economic Forum (WEF) in a report with Adani Aerospace, the government of India must develop a 10-year plan to improve the drone manufacturing industry.
- In order to develop, manufacture, testing of drone, counter-drone, and related technologies for the Indian Navy indigenously, the Indian Navy and the Drone Federation of India have collaborated together.
- The Technology Development and Acceleration Cell of the NIIO and the Drone Federation of India have collaborated together to advance domestic development, development, manufacturing, and testing of drone, counter-drone, and related technologies for the Navy.
- Microsoft announced the extension of its CyberShikshaa program in collaboration with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI), Tata STRIVE, and ICT Academy to promote the cybersecurity ecosystem in the country.
- The Delhi-based organization IG Drones unveiled India’s first “Drone Simulator” at the Defence Expo in 2022 in an effort to empower more than 10 million youth and support the Prime Minister’s vision of making India the world’s drone capital.
- For a period of seven years, Sunstone has collaborated with NSDC to offer students in all of its training hubs industry-recognized and in-demand skill training. Over 25,000 students across India are expected to gain from the association.
- NTPC Coal Mining has taken the initiative to sponsor 80 project-affected youths, including four girls, from all coal mining projects and their surrounding areas in the states of Jharkhand, Odisha, and Chhattisgarh.
- With the help of Godrej & Boyce as part of their CSR interventions on community development, 193 women-led enterprises, including 157 Self Help Groups (SHG), cumulatively generated 43 lakhs in revenue.
- To increase employability and close the gap between learning and work, MEIL Foundation, a subsidiary of Megha Engineering & Infrastructure Limited, established the Skill Development Center and Program.
- The DWSM, PHE Department, Mokokchung division held basic skill development training sessions on October 24 and 25, respectively, as part of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). The skills of plumbing, fitting, wielding, and masonry were taught to 22 participants.
- The book launch-cum-Wenn bazaar, celebrating the journey of Nagaland’s female entrepreneurs, was held recently at the Sky Garden in Chumoukedima District.
Skill development news from ITIs
- The Regional Staff Training and Research Centre, Aliganj, Lucknow, gave short-term training under One District One Product (ODOP) to the instructors who came from the State Industrial Training Institutes of the state.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Program (EAP) was led by the students at the Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Tulbagh in Pulwama on October 29, 2022. Director JKED asserts that young people must participate in nation-building as entrepreneurs.
Skill development news from academia
- In order to give teachers the opportunity to learn, grow, and enhance their teaching skills, several excellent Olympiad platforms have emerged in India.
- The National Education Policy (NEP-2020) complements India’s start-up ecosystem and seeks to break the relationship between education and employment opportunities for students and youth in India.
- In accordance with the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India (PM-SHRI) scheme, Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) have been signed by 13 states and 3 union territories with the education ministry.
- Students have been warned by the UGC not to be duped by advertisements for online PhD programs put out by EduTech companies working with foreign institutions as these programs are not approved by the regulatory body.
- In a report recently given to the Karnataka state higher education department, the Forum of FVCK made a number of recommendations to address, “administrative lacunae” in the execution of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, among other things.
- According to the higher education regulator, all higher education institutions in India must observe a “Bharatiya Bhasha Divas” on December 11 every year in order to create “language harmony” and a conducive environment for learning Indian languages.
- The ayush minister urged experts and students at the Jawaharlal Nehru University to adopt the phrase “Har Din, Har Ghar Ayurveda” in honour of the seventh Ayurveda Day on October 23 as part of the “Ayurveda@2047 – Azadi Ka Amrit Kaal” campaign.
- INS Vishwakarma held its first Vocational Training Workshop for NCS Visakhapatnam Class-IX students from October 19-21, 2022.
- The Union Ministry of Education and the School Education Department of the Government of Arunachal Pradesh signed an MoU in order to build the PM SHRI schools, reform schooling on a wide scale, and improve the facilities of already-existing schools run by state/local governments.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Arunachal Pradesh: On October 26, 2022, a 15-day skill development training in tailoring and embroidery for SHG members was inaugurated in the Kamle district. NABARD sponsored the training.
- Karnataka: From October 27 to November 25 at its facilities, the Rural Development and Self Employment Training Institute (RUDSETI), Mysuru, will offer a free skill training program in electrical motor rewinding and pump set repair.
- Maharashtra: The Maharashtra State Kaushalya Vidyapitha (MSSU) recently stated that starting on November 1, 2022, a variety of skill courses, including AI, Cyber security, machine learning, and others, will be offered.
- Nagaland: On October 28, a mega job fair was held at the District Agriculture Office in Dimapur by Emporium Training & Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. Nagaland in collaboration with the District Skill Committee-District Administration to bridge the gap between educated unemployed youths and industry.
- Odisha: Through its strategic knowledge partner, the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) will organise the Kaushal Mahotsav in Dhenkanal on November 6, 2022.
- Tamil Nadu: To aid with the implementation of the Naan Mudhalvan scheme, which aims to give students in government colleges skill development and career assistance, Veranda Learning Solutions has partnered with TNSDC.
- Telangana: In Hyderabad, a division of the India-Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Trade Council has been set up. The council office is anticipated to be vital in fostering trade and business ties between Telangana and the COMESA.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 25102022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-25102022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.