NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- Samsung India and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) signed an MoU to open two additional technical training schools and to continue their partnership with ten currently operating schools across the nation.
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme, the Craftsman Training Scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, and other initiatives have been used by MSDE to provide skills to young people all over the nation as part of the Skill India Mission.
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme intends to advance apprenticeship training in the nation by supporting apprentices with stipends, developing the apprenticeship ecosystem’s capabilities, and supporting rapid growth through advocacy.
- The National Institute of Solar Energy, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is executing the Suryamitra Skill Development Program to train youth over the age of 18 as solar PV technicians for the installation, operation, and maintenance of solar power plants.
- As a pilot initiative for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship organized the Skill, School and Higher Education Network into Skill Hubs Initiative.
- Under the name of the “Skill India Mission (SIM),” the Indian government has started a number of convergence initiatives throughout the skill ecosystem. Read more…
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the industry
- The National Skill Development Corporation and LawSikho partnered together to deliver skill development programmes to meet India’s growing need for skilled workers and bridge the skills supply and demand gap.
- The modification link for Course Completed Act Apprentices (CCAAs) candidates to input NCVT Marks/Grades has been activated by the Railway Recruitment Board.
- To establish a Center of Excellence for joint R&D in technology fields like Quantum Computing, XAI (Explainable AI), and Metaverse, Mahindra University and Tech Mahindra signed a memorandum of understanding.
- NSIC signs an MOU with LG Electronics to establish a Center of Excellence for the MSME Sector. This will give youth new opportunities in the field of electronics and create skilled workers for jobs in this industry.
- New Delhi Municipal Council, in partnership with the National Skill Development Corporation, the civic organization would provide skill training to 25,000 people over the course of the next six months.
Skill development news from academia
- NEP 2020 has placed a strong emphasis on vocational education, which will assist students in developing a set of skills to fulfil industry demands and improve academic standards.
- Of the 122 students who passed the SSC, Std. X board exam with a 100% score in 2022, up to 53 have applied for admission to the Industrial Training Institutes this year.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – Phase 2 of the Microsoft diversity skilling programme has been launched by the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation in partnership with Microsoft, InfiSpark, and NSDC to empower women and include them in the workforce and can contribute to the country’s economy.
- Jammu and Kashmir – To empower Kashmiri girls in the remote areas of the Kashmir valley, the army has established a skill development centre at Boniyar near Baramulla.
- Maharashtra – The Maharashtra State Skills University has named Dr. Apoorva Palkar as its first Vice-Chancellor. A decree in this regard was issued by the state’s ministry of employment, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Odisha – Government ITI in Cuttack will offer five new courses to help students become more employable. National Council of Vocational Training has recognized the courses in technician mechatronics, additive manufacturing, solar technology, autobody repairing, and automobile painting.
- Samsung Digital Academy was established in Hyderabad to train engineering students in emerging technologies. Youth will be trained on Tizen OS platform and other developing skills.
- An MoU between the University of Hyderabad and the Help the Blind Foundation aims to provide visually impaired students enrolled in a variety of courses with technologically oriented, employable skills.
- Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given the go-ahead for the building of a textiles and aviation skill centre at Jewar, near Noida International Airport.
- The shoe industry in Kanpur is growing, and a new training centre will assist artisans to improve their abilities. The Kanpur-Unnao Leather Cluster (KLC) Development Company, near Jajmau, will serve as the training facility.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has developed a policy to begin skill development training in drone technology, hospitality, and renewable energy at the school level.
- West Bengal – Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd. (GRSE) based in Kolkata, West Bengal, one of India’s top shipyards, formed an agreement with Ramakrishna Math, Belur on skill development programmes.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 26072022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-26072022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.