NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on launch of CHAMPIONS 2.0 Portal, university-industry collaboration in Indian universities. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week:
- Union Minister Shri Narayan Rane launched ‘CHAMPIONS 2.0 Portal’, ‘Mobile App for Geo-tagging’, and ‘MSME Idea Hackathon 3.0’ for women entrepreneurs on International MSME Day.
- Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam has signed 10 MoUs with Sector Skill Councils, empowering Himachal Pradesh’s youth with skill development programs and learning opportunities from leading institutions.
- Shri Vishwakarma Kaushal Vishwavidyalaya, Palwal will establish North India’s largest Logistics Skill Academy to train 3,000 youth annually for the logistics hub.
Skill development news from the government
- The government of India plans to partner with 30 countries to provide a skilled workforce globally through an upskilling initiative.
Skill development news from the industry
- Kia India has launched a 36-week Skill Development and Livelihood Enhancement program for rural women near its manufacturing unit at Erramanchi as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
- Meta partnered with Confederation of All India Traders to upskill 1 million trades on WhatsApp Business App over the next three years.
- A one-day skill mobilization training program was conducted for young inmates at Moirang College relief camps, aiming to provide rural youth with livelihood opportunities.
- Microsoft launches AI Skills Initiative in collaboration with LinkedIn, providing free coursework and a grant challenge to empower people worldwide in harnessing the power of AI.
- Xiaomi India has announced a strategic partnership with the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) in Ahmedabad, aims to launch Project SPARK, an initiative that will establish Skillpreneurship Learning Centres (EXSL Centres).
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Government ITIs in Maharashtra are experiencing increased enrollment with 2,07,380 students registering for various courses due to improved job opportunities and reduced fees.
- Courses on drone technology, AI, IoT, robotics, and digital manufacturing will soon be offered at ITIs in Maharashtra, empowering students with expertise in emerging technologies.
Skill development news from the academia
- UGC has approved guidelines for sustainable university-industry collaboration in Indian universities, to be announced on June 30th for public feedback.
- IIT Mandi acquires Skill Development Centre in Una through a partnership with the Himachal Pradesh government, aiming to provide skill-based education for inclusive growth.
- To boost enrollment in government vocational higher secondary schools (GVHSS) in Odisha, the School and Mass Education (SME) department has made the decision to introduce smart classrooms in the skill institutions starting this year.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Goa: The Goa government plans to make apprenticeship completion certificates mandatory for government jobs, aiming to accommodate 10,000 youth under the scheme by July 15th, 2023.
- Jharkhand: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced the creation of a Rs 300 crore Skill Development College to enhance skill development opportunities in Ranchi.
- Maharashtra: Maharashtra to soon establish six skill centres across the state, including Pune, Nashik, Amravati, Nagpur, and Sambhajinagar, to provide industry-related education to students.
- Telangana: D Prabhakhar Rao, the Chairman and Managing Director of Telangana State Genco and Transco, has emphasized the utmost importance of technology upgradation and skill development among power engineers.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.