NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on the launch of Jan Bhagidari initiatives, The Dada Nani Project and CEMCA Skillfest 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week
Potli Productions proudly presents The Dada Nani Project, a ground-breaking initiative that empowers children to document and preserve their grandparents’ captivating stories. This project fosters kids’ media documentation and filmmaking skills, while encouraging them to capture and cherish their family’s cherished memories.
For more information on how to participate in this initiative, please visit www.potliproductions.com. The last date to register is June 12, 2023.
Skill development news from the government
- Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan visited Singapore to enhance existing ties and explore opportunities for expanding bilateral engagement in education and skill development.
- MSDE has announced the launch of Jan Bhagidari initiatives nationwide in a webinar, with over 10,000 institutes and 85,000+ students participating. Read more…
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th June 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
Skill development news from the industry
- Microsoft has signed an MoU with MSDE and the Directorate General of Training (DGT) to empower Indian youth with future-ready skills Read more…
- The Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has launched “Telecom Legends,” a video podcast series where industry leaders share their valuable insights and experiences with youth and industry enthusiasts.
- NSDC has partnered with Camu to bridge the gap between the industry and the education sector by providing a comprehensive array of courses.
- In collaboration with Ambuja Cement Foundation, SKF India has established a skill development center in Pali, Rajasthan. The center aims to provide training and enhance employability opportunities for the youth in the region.
- Skill-Lync and Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation have partnered to upskill 10,000 students, offering them access to industry-focused next-generation skills.
- British Council and Microsoft India have formed a three-year partnership program called ‘English Skills for Youth’ to empower young people, with a special focus on women, in disadvantaged communities across India.
- AIIMS Delhi has signed an MoU with the healthcare sector skill council (HSSC) to facilitate the skill development, reskilling, and upskilling of hospital staff across different cadres.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched “Kushalta Ka Nirman,” a CSR project in Gujarat that aims to improve livelihood and employability for marginalized youth through skill development.
Skill development news from the academia
- Chief Minister Hemant Soren of Jharkhand has declared the establishment of a digital skills university in the state. The university aims to offer job-oriented education to the underprivileged youth with limited education.
- TISS-SVE, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences’ School of Vocational Education, has extended its admission deadline to June 20, 2023.
- NCERT is set to develop a new set of textbooks aligned with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, to be introduced in the 2024-25 academic session.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: A 10-day upskilling program for taxi drivers at Guwahati International Airport was held as part of the Assam Skill Development Mission. The program was inaugurated at the Centre for Aviation, Tourism, and Hospitality Studies.
- Jammu and Kashmir: A two-day workshop on Electric Vehicle (EV) was organised at Government Polytechnic to provide insights to the participants on design of motors, batteries and applications in EVs.
- Maharashtra: The Maharashtra government plans to establish skill development centers in local community centers and industrial hubs to empower and upgrade employees and commercial units with the latest advancements in their fields.
- Punjab: Krishi Vigyan Kendra organized a vocational training program on dairy farming, providing trainees with practical and theoretical knowledge in dairy farm management and related topics.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.