NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Highlights: Upcoming event from CII Skills
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing its 10th Global Summit on Skill Development and Livelihood on 13th December 2022.
The CII Global Summit on Skill Development and Livelihood’s theme for this year is “Forging Agile and Flexible Workforces: Bolstering Global Mobility of Skilled Talent.”
Skill development news from the government
- Karnataka State government launched an upgraded version of the Skill Connect platform, which connects job seekers and companies, and is now available. Read more…
- More than 2000 people in 30 Namda Clusters around Kashmir are expected to benefit from PMKVY 3.0.
- Jammu and Kashmir government has empowered over 30,000 youth, including over 12,000 girls, by assisting them in building various employment skills.
Skill development news from the industry
- TSSC partners with SBI Cards & Payments for placement-linked skill development courses in an effort to enhance the livelihood of women students.
- AI Logistix has signed an MoU with the Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC). It aims to address issues with supply and demand in the logistics sector and aid in the recruitment of qualified personnel.
- Microsoft and LinkedIn have unveiled the latest phase of their Skills for Jobs program, giving users free access to 350 courses and six new Career Essentials Certificates for the six most in-demand jobs in the digital economy.
- iOPEX technologies has partnered with Yuvi Parivartan to provide more than 200 youth with short-term livelihood-oriented courses in new-age vocational skills.
- ABB in India and the Sambhav Foundation celebrate two years of skill development and sustainable living in the Kolar Gold Fields.
- In an effort to address dire labour shortages in Europe’s largest economy, Germany is prepared to lower hurdles for skilled immigrant workers.
Skill development news from ITIs
- This year, admissions to government-run ITIs in Tamil Nadu reached an all-time high, topping the 90% level for the first time.
- A large-scale project to transform 71 ITIs into technology centres has been launched by the Tamil Nadu government, at the cost of 2,880 crores.
- To jointly establish an ITI at Banspal in the Keonjhar district of Odisha, the Tata Steel Foundation (TSF) and the Government of Odisha signed an MOU.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from academia
- In partnership with SAMANA College of Design Studies in Hyderabad, the MANU University has launched skill-development programs in fashion design and interior design.
- The Department of Geoinformatics at the University of Kashmir is organising a 21-day Winter School to help different professionals in geospatial science and technology improve their skills.
- International Elephant Foundation (IEF), in collaboration with TDU, Bengaluru, is running a skill development program for mahouts and community-based capacity-building programs for those living near forest habitats.
- The Pega University Program has reached a significant milestone by transforming the tech careers of 10,000 students.
- IIT-B in Bombay organizes a workshop to raise awareness of the National Credit Framework (NcrF).
- Working professionals will provide students in vocational training under NSQF at Punjab government institutions with real-world experience.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: The first batch of artisans has successfully completed the ABDP’s Bamboo Craft Skill Upgrading Training, which was held at Block Sumb on November 28, 2022.
- Mizoram: Nine Mizo nurses have been selected to take part in Delhi’s first batch of Japanese language training.
- Odisha: During the Make In Odisha Conclave, the Mission Shakti Department of the Odisha government signed five MOUs with leading corporations and institutions.
- Telangana: Finance Minister T Harish Rao inaugurates the L&T skill enhancement centre in Siddipet to help youth gain the skills they need to find suitable jobs.
- Uttar Pradesh: Uttar Pradesh government all set to empower girls by setting up vocational training for them in schools.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 29112022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-29112022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.