The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on the highlights from the Union Budget 2023. Along with Budget 2023 highlights, this edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
Don’t miss the premier!
Watch our conversation on “Adopting Digital Assessments – Risk Mitigation and Advantages” which premieres today at 4:30PM.
In this conversation with Dr. Madhuri Dubey, Founder, NSN; Mr. Harsh Nagpal, Lead – Skills Enablers Business, TCS iON and Mr. Ankit Singh, Manager – Skills Enablers Business, TCS iON, talk about “Adopting Digital Assessments – Risk Mitigation and Advantages”.
Skill development news from the government
- Union Budget 2023 focused on the vision for the “Amrit Kaal Blueprint” for an empowered and inclusive economy. Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman listed the top seven priorities for this Union Budget. Skill development in emerging technologies such as IoT, Drone technology, AI, and 5G was one of the primary focus areas of the budget. Read more…
- MSDE is going to organize 250 workshops in 36 States/UTs to create apprenticeship reforms.
- According to the economic survey 2022-23, 1.1 crore people have been trained under PMKVY and 21.4 lakhs have been placed.
- The 1st G-20 Employment Working Group concluded in Jodhpur on February 4, 2023, addressing priorities of labour, employment and social issues for strong, sustainable, balanced, and job-rich growth for all.
- On the e-SHRAM Portal, more than 15 crore female workers have enrolled. Over 4 lakh CSC centres across offer the ability to register on the portal.
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 28th February 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the industry
- Sector Skill Council for Green jobs and SwitchOn Foundation partnered together to mould skilled manpower for the renewable energy sector.
- JK Fenner (India) Ltd in partnership with Nicola Foundation organised Livelihood Creation through Skill Development Program in Chennai.
- NSDC International Ltd partnered with Certif-ID International to roll out it’s digital credentialing and future of work platform to support Indian talents to gain recognition and employment opportunities across the world.
- For TVET programs and introducing Australian training standards, Austrade collaborated with Leather Sector Skill Council.
- Atalji Skill Development Institute and Swarna Bharath Trust (SBT), under ASDC, conducted a certification ceremony and placement drive in Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
- The Plus Initiative, a collaboration between The Job Plus and the Tourism and Hotel Skill Council, aims to supply the hospitality industry with an “industry-ready, skilled workforce.”
- VFS Global signed an MOU with NSDC to provide employment and apprenticeship opportunities for Indians in the Middle East & North Africa.
Skill development news from ITIs
- 91 students have been recruited by a Hyderabad-based private company during ITI s first campus recruitment drive this year.
Skill development news from the academia
- NIT-C is hosting a six-day entrepreneurship skill development program on the latest construction techniques.
- Auro University organized a two-day seminar on NEP 2020 with the theme “The Pathway through integral education “.
- Udemy announced the launch of Hindi courses offering critical business and technical courses taught by experts in their native language.
- The G20 Education Working Group organized the meet in Chennai focusing on education policies such as NEP 2020, education infrastructure and ways to make tech-based learning more inclusive for students.
- Lamrin Tech Skills University collaborated with Vineet Nanda to launch “The Steller School of Real Estate” which will offer the first-of-its-kind course “RESEED (Reinforcing Skill Education For Employability Development).
- Barefoot College International (BCI), which is situated in the village of Harmara, provided five months of solar training to 15 women from rural villages throughout India, who graduated as “Solar Engineers.”
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Punjab: 36 government school principals are going to visit Singapore to participate in a Professional Teacher Training seminar from February 6 to 10, 2023.
- Tamil Nadu: Leather Sector Skill Council launched the Virtual Reality (VR) training content for the footwear and leather sector under its Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees Industry 4.0.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 31012023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-31012023/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply