The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on Empowering Women with Skills and Entrepreneurship – Inspiring Journey of MGNF Fellows from IIM Lucknow on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
Don’t forget to watch the video premier today @ 4:00 PM!
On the occasion of International Women’s Day 2023, Team NSN interacted with Fellows of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship from IIM Lucknow to learn about their initiatives and projects that are empowering women and how they are contributing towards improving the skilling and entrepreneurship ecosystem at the district level.
To watch the video premiering today on Empowering Women with Skills and Entrepreneurship – Inspiring Journey of MGNF Fellows from IIM Lucknow, Click here…
Skill development news from the government
- In an effort to ease the mobility of professionals and students between India and Australia, the two countries signed a Framework Mechanism for Mutual Recognition of Qualifications.
- In order to accelerate training under its flagship SAMARTH scheme for skill development in the textile industry, the government intends to gather more industry partners.
- From the academic session 2023–2024, 57 Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) across the country will provide the Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP), according to the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and National Skill Development and Corporation (NSDC) organised a G20 webinar on March 2nd, 2023, on the topic, “Mega Trends shaping future of work” Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has partnered with various organisations such as Pearson, HTMi, ISIEINDIA and HDFC Life to aid workforce skills enhancement in India, Read more…
- NSDC and with the support of the Ministry of Tourism signed an MoU with the Switzerland-based Hotel and Tourism Management Institute (HTMi) Read more…
- The 3rd Indo-Canadian Seminar was hosted by Seneca in New Delhi on India’s NEP 2020 on how Indo-Canadian collaboration can contribute to the skill India mission harnessing its demographic dividend.
- In partnership with the Society for Government of Odisha – Ashok Leyland HMV Driver Training Institute in Cuttack, Vedanta Aluminium has launched “Sakhyam,” a comprehensive skills training and development program for the youth of Jharsuguda.
- The German Solar Industry Association and the Skill Council for Green jobs of India collaborated together to help integrate skilled workers from India into the German solar industry.
- Dr. Richa Jain’s Globe Spiritual Centre and RRJ Charitable Foundation have been assigned the task of skill development of 480 candidates by the Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council, Government of India.
- In order to advance research and development in the hybridization of ultra-low energy, geothermal heating & cooling, NIT Srinagar and S.A.P Automation India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, signed an MOU.
- IBM launches new-age skill programs at Lamrin Tech Skills University Punjab, with the goal of focusing on new-age skills under NEP-2020 and transforming Indian students into industry-ready professionals.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- A workshop “The Hour of Code” was organized for 40 students (ITI) at Women’s College, Guindy to educate them on the basics of front-end programming.
- Rupnagar and Claas India Pvt. Ltd. signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to upgrade the technical education quality at the state government’s ITI.
- To establish a centre of excellence in the automotive industry and enhance the skills, and employability of students, the government ITI in Gariahat has partnered with Ashok Layland Ltd.
Skill development news from the academia
- To provide students with a quality education and implement the suggestions in NEP 2020, a total of 1,753 schools in the state would be equipped and upgraded under the PM SHRI Scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
- To address the existing gap between supply and demand for skills in the telecom industry, Skill-Lync has launched a new 5G network design and development PG course.
- To improve education standards in 252 Zilla Parishad schools in Latur, Maharashtra, the PM-SHRI scheme would grant Rs 1.88 crore to each selected school over a five-year period, and implement NEP-2020.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has announced that CUET-UG would now be used to manage admission to Bachelor’s degree programs in agriculture and allied sciences at agricultural universities.
- Azim Premji University has opened applications for its new four-year UG programs that follow NEP-2020’s structure and design.
- The EducationlNdia Portal, developed by DoHE, will be made mandatory for all foreign students who enrol in higher education institutions in India beginning with the academic year 2023–2024.
- To encourage skill-based learning and develop an effective platform for cross-border knowledge exchange, the Manipal Institute of Technology partnered with the University Malaysia Pahang, NAFRO, IDS&T, and Elcom Innovation.
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) and The Institute of Industrial Development have signed an MoU to collaborate on industry-specific training programmes and certification courses in various fields.
- Division of Forest Products and Utilisation, SKUAST-K launched a 25-day skill development training program on Medicinal Plants Grower to prepare Kashmiri youth the creation of income and employment.
- Wollongong University and Deakin University will soon establish campuses in Gujarat’s ‘GIFT City’, the announcement was made during an event at Delhi University’s Venkateshwara College.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training-28022023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-28022023/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Goa: The state government has introduced the Chief Minister’s Kaushalya Path scheme, which provides short-term skill development courses to bridge the skills gap, in order to upskill and reskill the youth.
- Jammu and Kashmir: At Govt. College of Education (IASE), Srinagar, a two-day national conference on the implementation of NEP-2020 at higher education institutions was held on March 3rd and 4th, 2023.
- Mizoram: Aizawl, Mizoram hosted the B20 event, a G20 official dialogue forum for the global business community, highlighted the prospects for international business collaborations that the state can provide to delegates.
- New Delhi: The Delhi government announced that starting in Session 2023–2024, all secondary-level subjects in Delhi Government schools will be required to be in six skill-based subjects.
- Tamil Nadu: A training centre and simulation lab was launched by Rajans Hospital as part of the Tamil Nadu Apex Skill Development Centre (TN-ASDC) for Healthcare here in Ramanathapuram.
- Uttar Pradesh: Investments in Uttar Pradesh would create over one crore job opportunities in the next 3–4 years, stated Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath during his address to the Lucknow Kaushal Mahotsav.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply