NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on Study in India (SII) portal for international students, National Award for Excellence in Vocational Training & Entrepreneurship Development (NAEVTED). This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE has launched the National Award for Excellence in Vocational Training & Entrepreneurship Development (NAEVTED) as part of the National Award to Teachers – 2023 to recognize exceptional contributions in skill development and entrepreneurship, honoring trainers and faculty.
- DGT, part of MSDE, partners with AWS India to upskill students in cloud computing, AI, and ML. This aids employability in DGT institutions covering 15,000 ITIs and 33 NSTIs across India.
- The Government of India launched the Study in India (SII) portal on August 3rd, 2023, which will provide an integrated one-stop platform for student registration and visa application. Read more…
- Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, and West Bengal lead in skilled worker placements, indicating strong demand under PMKVY.
Skill development news from the industry
- The NHPC Regional Office and Yog Manav Vikas Trust (YMVT), Banikhet, have signed an MoU to provide skill development training to 360 girls over the next three years.
- NSDCI has partnered with Zenken Corporation, which focuses on recruiting IT professionals and skilled workers to narrow the skills gap, create jobs for Indian youth in Japan, and foster cultural exchange between the two countries.
- INIFD Guwahati launched Medhavi Skills University and NSDC-empowered fashion and interior design degree programs, empowering students for the growing design industry.
- 69 youths, trained by CIPET under MCL’s CSR, secure placements in coal mining project areas. At the SDTP completion event, they receive certificates and job offers.
- Vodafone Idea Foundation, in partnership with TSSC has launched the IoT Centre of Excellence at IGDTUW offering hands-on training in 5G, AI/ML, IoT, security, and surveillance for building a skilled workforce.
- Aadhar Housing Finance has partnered with TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship to train 500 apprentices in specialized sales skills for the affordable housing finance sector.
- Internshala has partnered with NSDC to empower Indian youth in futuristic skills, targeting over 3 lakh learners in 3 years and include training in data science, digital marketing, web development, and more.
- iMocha, a skills intelligence platform, announced a collaboration with PwC’s Academy, enhancing talent acquisition and skills development in the Middle East region.
- Bridgestone India’s Yantrika Program has empowered and trained 60 women as two-wheeler mechanics and 149 as drivers through skill development.
- NSDC plans to train 1 lakh nurses and 10 million caregivers for overseas healthcare roles due to high global demand.
- NSDC has collaborated with IIM-Ranchi to bring skill-based initiatives to janjati regions, fostering grassroots-level holistic development and livelihood prospects.
- India’s construction sector employs 71 million workers, expected to exceed 100 million by 2030, and the real estate sector’s output is predicted to grow from USD 650 billion to USD 1 trillion by 2030, as per Knight Frank-RICS report.
- ESSCI and CSC Academy have introduced the “National Electronics & IT Olympiad” to empower young innovators and students from Indian secondary and senior secondary schools.
- India’s manufacturing sector is improving Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in apprenticeships, with female apprentice demand growing threefold in Q1 FY24, as per TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship data.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The ‘Skill Development in LWE-affected Districts’ initiative by the central government has reached a significant milestone, successfully setting up 48 ITIs.
- Prioritizing empowering youth through inventive skill development and enhancing global recognition by the Odisha government, a virtual reality lab was launched at ITI Bhubaneshwar.
- Over 745 girls, comprising 37% of the total, have joined Berhampur Industrial Training Institute this year, which typically admits 2030 students across 28 trades annually.
Skill development news from the academia
- CBSE has signed 15 MOUs to advance Skill Education, Assessment, and Teacher Capacity Building with companies and sector skills councils.
- To facilitate the comprehensive implementation of NEP-2020 through a consortium mode, the Central University of Punjab and five other HEIs from North India have signed an MoU.
- IGNOU has signed MoUs with the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force to provide skill-based bachelor degree programs. These programs, including Bachelor of Arts (Applied Skills) in various fields, are designed for Agniveers.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: Under the ‘Jagananna Videsi Vidyadevena’ initiative, the Andhra Pradesh government has allocated Rs 46 crore to support the higher education of 357 students studying in foreign universities.
- Chattisgargh: The joint curriculum of higher secondary education and vocational training through ITI is currently being implemented in Chhattisgarh schools and soon to implemented across the country.
- Gujarat: The government of Gujarat signed an MoU with MG Motor India to upskill students and bridge the gap between academia and industry.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.