NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- A new notification has been issued by the Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC), North Central Railway for the recruitment of 16500 posts.
- To boost apprenticeship, MSDE has announced that National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) will be a part of the Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT) scheme, providing direct government benefits to all apprentices.
- Prime Minister inaugurated the three-day Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam in Varanasi and said that the foundational aim behind NEP is to bring education out from the limits of narrow thought-process.
Government skill development project
Meghalaya State Skills Development Society Shilong, Meghalaya intends to select 120 candidates for a Train the Trainer Programme through SScs. Last date to apply- 5th August 2022. To know more, please visit – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Skill development news from the industry
- Catering to the workforce requirements of various industries and sectors, NSDC and Ganpat University have signed an MoU to run certificate programmes that are aligned with market requirements. Read more…
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu highlighted the futuristic approach to education by focusing on the skill development of students from artificial intelligence (AI) to data analytics fields.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- 19 ITIs in Delhi will start their admission process from July 4th and interested students can apply online at the official website.
- To enable skills to CBSE students, CBSE, UNICEF and YuWaah (Generation Unlimited in India) are collaborating together in line with NEP and CBSE.
- Robotix India designed a skill development programme for students to learn about the latest technical skills and technologies like Artificial intelligence, robotics, and coding right from a young age.
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – In the presence of visiting senior minister of Singapore and Assam minister, ITE Education Services of Singapore formally handed over the reins of North East Skill Centre to Assam Skill Development Mission.
- Chandigarh – In focus to foster skill development and bridging the gap between academia and industry, MG Motor India forges a partnership with Chandigarh University.
- Haryana – Skill training will be provided to young girls by the Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) Gurugram and help in getting employment.
- Jharkhand – With an aim to facilitate skilling for the students, Subarnarekha Port Private Ltd (SPPL) has organised a three-day-long assessment drive, in collaboration with JN Tata Vocational Training Institute (JNTVTI), Jamshedpur.
- Karnataka – With an aim to build skilled supply chain operations expertise, Flipkart partnered with the KSDC to launch Supply Chain Operations Academy (SCOA) throughout the State.
- Kerala – Courses like data science and analytics, AI, and digital marketing were given applications by the Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC).
- Madhya Pradesh – A six-month training programme was organised by Western Coalfields Ltd. in ‘Machine Operating and Plastic Processing’ in the districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- Meghalaya – Looking at the importance of skill training, the Meghalaya state skill development society (MSSDS) organised a skill development training on Electrical Domestic Solution and Plumber General at Bosco Pnar Multipurpose Vocational Training centre in Jowai.
- Odisha – The finance minister allocated a 12% rise of Rs. 24,370 crores for the education and skill development sector in the 2022-’23 budget presentation.
- Tamil Nadu – Tiruchi has initiated an internship programme at its Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Manufacturing for 30 students of Government Polytechnic College, Papanasam to enhance skill development programmes.
- Rajasthan – Aiming to invest in the Barmer petrochemical complex and sectors like skill development in the state, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has invited Japanese companies.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-05072022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.