NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on G20 Declaration on skills, education and the Future of work, FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023 and iMOVE Online Presentation Renewable Energies and Cleantech across Sectors. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
G20 Declaration on skills, education and the Future of work
We are pleased to share a research-based video highlighting key initiatives in skills and education across all G20 countries in conjunction with the G20 Declaration.
To watch the video, please click on the link below.
Fronius India – FACT Program
Fronius India organized a farewell program on September 5th, 2023, for the 3rd batch of students who completed the FACT program and secured placements. The FACT program by Fronius India presents how industries can equip youth with skills aligned with industry demands, ensuring successful job placements.
Join the iMOVE Online Presentation “Renewable Energies and Cleantech across Sectors – Training Solutions for Green Economy Demands” for India.
Date of the event: 14 September 2023
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Registration deadline: 13 September 2023
To register, kindly provide your name and email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing the 14th Edition of its flagship FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) on September 20-21, 2023, at FICCI, New Delhi. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ficci-to-organize-the-14th-global-skills-summit-2023-building-skills-empowering-youth-creating-future/
Skill development news from the government
- The government of India launched a 3-year partnership titled “Empowering Education to Entrepreneurship” between the Ministries of Education, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, and Meta. Read more…
- The government of India is in talks to expand academia-industry partnerships for skill development to make the best-in-class manpower available to the industry.
- Manthan 2023, North Eastern Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Conclave was held from September 1st to 3rd to provide a platform for stakeholders for convergence and collaboration.
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, launched The Malaviya Mission – Teacher Training Program at Kaushal Bhawan in New Delhi Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- Steel Authority of India Limited partnered with the FutureSkills Prime, a joint initiative of MeitY and SSC nasscom for awareness and skill competency development programs that align with industry standards.
- PayNearby has collaborated with Grameen Foundation for Social Impact to upskill 150,000 business correspondents and generate employment opportunities for women and youth.
- TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship has introduced a work-integrated learning program designed for specific industries, with a goal to empower one million candidates over the next four to five years.
- Adobe has partnered with the Ministry of Education to provide schools with Adobe Express based curriculum, training and certification to help foster communication and creative skills within the classroom.
- Google Cloud and MeitY have partnered to advance generative AI and cybersecurity, benefiting learners and government officials’ cybersecurity skills in India.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The government of Maharashtra to launch five new ITIs dedicated to international placements with courses to on specific requirements of manpower from partner countries.
- Jammu and Kashmir Skill development department has launched a new logo for the directorate of skill development and NEP-2020 curriculum for the third semester students at ITIs and polytechnics.
Skill development news from the academia
- Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) and TISS signed an MoU for academic collaboration and develop joint training programs.
- CISCE has launched comprehensive teacher training program to enhance education quality in India focused on strengthening assessments, innovative pedagogy, vocational education, leadership skills, and subject-specific training.
- IIT-Indore signed an MoU with the department of technical education, skill development and employment to foster academic collaboration, enhance educational opportunities and promote student mobility.
- IIM Indore has partnered with NSDC to boost skill development and entrepreneurship in India, emphasizing excellence and innovation.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: The government of Assam has launched a series of initiatives for training centres, Skill Yatra Program, Indigenous Skill Training and more skill development.
- Jharkhand: To address the rising unemployment, the Jharkhand government to provide comprehensive skill training to its youth through the Skill Development Scheme, aiming to ensure 100 percent employment.
- Uttar Pradesh: The government of Uttar Pradesh to train 83,000 youth under the Chief Minister Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (Higher Education) including diploma holders and graduates from any stream in the current fiscal.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.